Current user rating: 94/100 (6743 votes)
- Name: Yoo Seung-Ho
- Hangul: 유승호
- Birthdate: August 17, 1993
- Birthplace: South Korea
- Height: 175 cm.
- Blood Type: A
Yoo Seung-Ho was born on August, 1993. He is a popular South Korean actor & model. Yoo Seung-Ho first started in show business as a child actor and, like a lot of child actors, he started acting due to his mother. In 1999, Yoo Seung-Ho made his acting debut in a CF for n016. Prior to filming, the ad agency, responsible for the CF, was looking for a fresh face & not a professional model. Yoo Seung-Ho's mother then sent in a photo of her son and he was selected for the CF.
In 2002, Yoo Seung-Ho was cast for the feature film "The Way Home" and made his feature film acting debut. Prior to his casting, staff members for the "The Way Home" were having a hard time finding the right actor to play the character of Sang-Woo. The movie's director Lee Jeong-Hyang then saw Yoo Seung-Ho among many other child actors and was selected by Lee Jeong-Hyang. One of the primary reasons Lee Jeong-Hyang selected Yoo-Seung-Ho for the role was the mean look he was able to carry in his submitted photos. During filming for "The Way Home" Yoo Seung-Ho was scolded by director Lee Jeong-Hyang and this made him want to quit acting. Now, thinking back to those days, Yoo Seung-Ho doesn't recall those bad moments and just remembers playing with the staff members and being surprised when the grandmother in the film really cried during filming. "The Way Home" turned out to be a highly successful film and sold more than 4 million tickets.
Since "The Way Home," Yoo Seung-Ho took on several more child acting roles in movies and dramas and became recognized as a proficient child actor.
In 2009, Yoo Seung-Ho began to abandon his child actor image and took on more mature teen roles. In the 2009 MBC historical drama series "The Great Queen Seondeok," Yoo Seung-Ho played Prince Kim Chun-Chu who was extremely wise and a crafty politician. Yoo Seung-Ho also played teens in the KBS2 drama series "Master of Study" and in the feature film "The Clue".
In 2010, Yoo Seung-Ho took on his first adult role in the MBC drama series "Flames of Desire". Yoo Seung-Ho, though only 17 years old, played a 21 year old married man named Kim Min-Jae. His wife was played by popular actress Seo Woo.
One of Yoo Seung-Ho's role models is veteran actor Ahn Sung-Kee. Yoo Seung-Ho respects Ahn Sung-Kee's abilities to play different roles and submerge himself into the various characters he plays. At a press conference for "Master of Study" Yoo Seung-Ho stated that he hates math and enjoys history the most. Yoo Seung-Ho has a nickname of "Little So Ji-Sub," because of his resemblance to actor So Ji-Sub. In 2008, the two actors met for the first time and to make Yoo Seung-Ho more relaxed, actor So Ji-Sub grabbed his hands and told him "I'm sorry people nicknamed such a handsome guy 'Little So Ji-Sub'". Since that time the two actors have become good friends and worked together in 2010 on a CF for a Winiahmando kimchi refridgerator named "Dimchae".
- After the completion of MBC drama series "I Miss You" in early 2013, actor Yoo Seung-Ho will fulfill his compulsory military service for a 21 month period.
- Yoo Seung-Ho entered the South Korean military on March 5, 2013 and discharged December 4, 2014.
- Joseon Magician | Joseonmasoolsa (2015) - Magician Hwan-Hee
- Blind | Beulraindeu (2011) - Kwon Ki-Sub
- Leafie, a Hen Into the Wild | Madangeul Naon Amtak (2011) - Cho-Rok (voice)
- City Of Fathers | Busan (2009) - Kim Jong-Chul
- The Clue | 4Gyoshi Churi Yeongyeok (2009)
- Unforgettable (2008)
- Hearty Paws | Maeumee (2006) - Chan-Yi
- Don't Tell Papa | Dontel Papa (2004) - Kim Cho-Won
- Happy Erotic Christmas Haepi Ero Keurisemaseu (2003) - kid angel choir
- The Way Home | Jibeuro (2002)
- Pieces of Memory | Gieokui Jokadeul (2012)
- I Miss You | Bogosipda (MBC / 2012-2013) - Kang Hyung-Joon / Harry
- Arang and the Magistrate | Alangsattojeon (MBC / 2012) - King of Heaven (cameo)
- Operation Proposal | Pereopyojeu Daejakjeon (CSTV / 2012) - Kang Baek-Ho
- Warrior Baek Dong Soo | Moosa Baek Dong Soo (SBS / 2011) - Yeo Woon
- Flames of Desire | Yokmangui Bolggot (MBC / 2010) - Kim Min-Jae
- Master of Study | Kongbu-ui Shin (KBS2 / 2010)
- He's Beautiful! | Minamyisinyeoyo (SBS / 2009) - convenience store customer (cameo)
- The Great Queen Seondeok | Seondeok Yeowang (MBC / 2009) - Kim Chun-Chu
- The Story of the First King's Four Gods (2007)
- King and I | Wangkwa Na (SBS / 2007-2008) - king Sung-Jong (young)
- Sad Love Song | Seulpeun Yeonga (MBC / 2005) - Joon-Young (young)
- Precious Family | Bumoonim Jeonsangseo (KBS2 / 2004)
- Alien Sam (Tooniverse / 2005)
- Immortal Admiral Yi Sun Shin | Bulmyeolui Yi Sun Shin (KBS / 2004)