Current user rating: 92/100 (2335 votes)
- Name: Song Hye-Kyo
- Hangul: 송혜교
- English Name: Lorraine Song
- Birthdate: November 22, 1981
- Birthplace: South Korea
- Height: 161cm
- Blood Type: A
Song Hye-Kyo made her debut as a model, becoming the winner of a school uniform model competition at the age of 14.
Song finally made it big starring in KBS2' "Autumn in my Heart" with Song Seung-Heon in 2000 and "All In" with Lee Byung-Hun in 2003. The dramas' popularity soared not only in Korea, but also abroad including Japan, Taiwan and Europe, and Song finally became one of "Korea's sweethearts."
Although Song Hye-Kyo's big-screen career has not met as much commercial success she is not afraid take on new challenges. She appeared in the U.S. horror film "Make Yourself at Home" in 2008 and was going to appear in the Chinese film "1949," but the movie was canceled by director John Woo.
She dated Hyun-Bin, her co-star from Worlds Within....... Not romantically involved during filming, the two had kept in touch after the drama ended and they started dating in June 2009. Hyun Bin's being away for the filming of Friend, Our Legend in Busan reportedly made the two realize they were in love. On March 8, 2011, both Hyun and Song's talent agencies confirmed that they have broken up in early 2011.
In 2011 she filmed the movie La Quotidienne which will be released later in the year. The film is about a documentary producer who loses her fiancé and a deserted genius girl.
Song Hye Kyo has been considered Korea's most beautiful woman. In 2010 she was ranked #18 in The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces.
- Read Q&A for movie "A Reason To Live" with Song Hye-Kyo, Nam Ji-Hyun and director Lee Jeong-Hyang (from movie's press conference at the 2011 Busan International Film Festival).
- Song Hye-Kyo published book "Hye-Kyo's Time" ("Hye Kyo-ui Shigan") on August 30th, 2012. The book contains essays and photos revealing things about her daily life: what she likes, eats, and spends her time. The book also reveals Song Hye-Ko thoughts and her past.
- Her real birthdate is November 22, 1981. Her registered birthdate is February 26, 1982.
- My Brilliant Life | Doogeundoogeun Nae Insaeng (2014) - Mi-Ra
- The Crossing | Tai Ping Lun (2014)
- The Grandmasters | Yut Doi Jung Si (2012)
- A Reason To Live | Oneul (2011) - Da-Hye
- Camellia | Kamaellia (2010)
- Fetish | Shijib (2008)
- Hwang Jin-Yi (2007) - Hwang Jin-Yi
- My Girl and I | Parangjuuibo (2005) - Bae Soo-Eun
- That Winter, The Wind Blows | Geu Gyeowool, Barami Boonda (SBS / 2013) - Oh Young
- Worlds Within...... | Keudeuli Saneun Sesang (KBS2 / 2008) - Joo Joon-Young
- Full House (KBS2 / 2004) - Han Ji-Eun
- Rays of Sunshine | Haetbit Ssodajida (SBS / 2004) - Ji Yeon-Woo
- All In (SBS / 2003) - Min Soo-Yeon
- Hotelier | Hotelrieo (MBC / 2001) - Kim Yoon-Hee
- Guardian Angel | Suho Cheonsa (SBS / 2001) - Jung Da-So
- Autumn in my Heart | Gaeul donghwa (KBS2 / 2000) - Yoon Eun-Seo
- White Nights 3.98 | Baek Ya 3.98 (SBS / 1998)
- Sunpong Sanbuingwa (SBS / 1998)
- Wedding Dress | Weding Deureseu (KBS / 1997-1998)
- Best Actress (mini series) ("That Winter, The Wind Blows") - 2013 SBS Drama Awards - December 31, 2013