Song Hye-Kyo @ 2011 BIFF
(photo taken by AsianWiki CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)
Current user rating: 93/100 (2882 votes)
- Name: Song Hye-Kyo
- Hangul: 송혜교
- English Name: Lorraine Song
- Birthdate: November 22, 1981
- Birthplace: South Korea
- Height: 161cm
- Blood Type: A
Song Hye-Kyo made her debut as a model, becoming the winner of a school uniform model competition at the age of 14.
She then played the character of a cute and clumsy student in the SBS hit sitcom "Sunpong Sanbuingwa" (1998), but failed to make a lasting impression among fans.
Song finally made it big starring in KBS2' "Autumn in my Heart" with Song Seung-Heon in 2000 and "All In" with Lee Byung-Hun in 2003. The dramas' popularity soared not only in Korea, but also abroad including Japan, Taiwan and Europe, and Song finally became one of "Korea's sweethearts."
Although Song Hye-Kyo's big-screen career has not met as much commercial success she is not afraid take on new challenges. She appeared in the U.S. horror film "Make Yourself at Home" in 2008 and was going to appear in the Chinese film "1949," but the movie was canceled by director John Woo.
She dated Hyun-Bin, her co-star from Worlds Within....... Not romantically involved during filming, the two had kept in touch after the drama ended and they started dating in June 2009. Hyun Bin's being away for the filming of Friend, Our Legend in Busan reportedly made the two realize they were in love. On March 8, 2011, both Hyun and Song's talent agencies confirmed that they have broken up in early 2011.
In 2011 she filmed the movie La Quotidienne which will be released later in the year. The film is about a documentary producer who loses her fiancé and a deserted genius girl.
Song Hye Kyo has been considered Korea's most beautiful woman. In 2010 she was ranked #18 in The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces.
- Read Q&A for movie "A Reason To Live" with Song Hye-Kyo, Nam Ji-Hyun and director Lee Jeong-Hyang (from movie's press conference at the 2011 Busan International Film Festival).
- Song Hye-Kyo published book "Hye-Kyo's Time" ("Hye Kyo-ui Shigan") on August 30th, 2012. The book contains essays and photos revealing things about her daily life: what she likes, eats, and spends her time. The book also reveals Song Hye-Ko thoughts and her past.
- Her real birthdate is November 22, 1981. Her registered birthdate is February 26, 1982.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers