Current user rating: 85/100 (1335 votes)
- Name: Park Si-Yeon
- Hangul: 박시연
- Birth Name: Park Mi-Seon (박미선)
- Birthdate: March 29, 1979
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Height: 170cm
- Blood Type:
Park Si-Yeon is a popular South Korean actress and model. She was born on March 29, 1979 in Busan, South Korea. As a child, Park Si-Yeon first displayed talent for singing. In 1990, by the 5th grade of elementary school, Park Si-Yeon won the top prize for the "KBS 창작동요대회" (children's singing contest). She graduated from Long Island University in the United States.
In 2000, Park Si-Yeon competed in the regional Miss Seoul beauty pageant and placed third. She then competed in the national Miss Korea beauty pageant and won a secondary prize (미스코리아 한주여행사).
Her parents initially opposed Park Si-Yeon pursuing acting, but she went ahead and took profile pictures of herself and went to various talent agencies. Her profile pictures were eventually handed over to a Chinese agency and this led to Park Si-Yeon making her acting debut in China. She first acted in the 2004 CCTV drama "Feng Qiu Huang" and then the 2005 CCTV drama "Han Xue Bao Ma". In 2005, Park Si-Yeon made her acting debut in her native country of South Korea with the SBS drama "My Girl." In 2006, Park Si-Yeon made her movie acting debut in the quirky comedy-musical-horror movie "The Fox Family".
Park Si-Yeon first became known to the Korean public not through her acting roles, but as the girlfriend of popular singer & actor Moon Jeong-Hyeok (also known as Eric from the K-pop band "Shinhwa"). The couple first met in 2004 and dated until 2007. Her relationship with Moon Jeong-Hyeok overshadowed her acting career during her early years, with the public commonly identifying her as "Eric's girlfriend". In an interview with Herald Media of Korea, Park Si-Yeon stated it took about 10 different roles before the tag of "Eric's girlfriend" vanished from the public's perception of her. She also stated that a positive of the "Eric's girlfriend" tag was that she loved him.
In 2010, Park Si-Yeon played the lead female role in the SBS drama "Coffee House". Park Si-Yeon's performance as Seo Eun-Young in "Coffee House" was an unfortunate blemish on her career, not for her portrayal, but due to a script that lacked any clear direction and frustrated audiences. The first 12 episodes of "Coffee House" focused more on the character Kang Seung-Yeon (Ham Eun-Jung), making it appear that the character Seo Eun-Young was secondary.
Park Si-Yeon has stated that she doesn't have any hobbies and in her free time enjoys relaxing at home watching TV dramas. Park Si-Yeon also thinks of her mom as her biggest supporter. Peers that she admires are Meryl Strep, Josh Hartnet, and screen writer No Hee-Kyung.
- The Last Knights | Deo Raseuteu Naitsu (2013)
- The Scent | Gantongeul Gidarineun Namja (2012) - Kim Soo-Jin
- Marine Boy | Marinboi (2009) - Choi Yu-Ri
- Dachimawa Lee (2008) - Mari
- Zig Zag Love (2008) (2008) - Ra Young
- Love | Sarang (2007) - Jung Mi-Ju
- The Fox Family | Gumiho Gajok (2006) - Daughter Fox 1
- The Greatest Wedding | Choigoui Gyeolhon (CSTV / 2014) - Cha Gi-Young
- The Innocent Man | Sesang Eodiedo Eobneun Chakan Namja (KBS2 / 2012) - Han Jae-Hee
- The Greatest Love | Choigowei Sarang (MBC / 2011) - Kim Hee-Jin (cameo)
- Coffee House | Keopi Hawooseu (SBS / 2010) - Seo Eun-Young
- The Slingshot | Namja yiyagi (KBS2 / 2009) -Sung Kyung-Ah
- Bittersweet Life | Dalkomhan Insaeng (MBC / 2008) - Hong Da-Ae
- On Air (2008) - Herself (Cameo) Ep. 3
- When Spring Comes | Kkotpineun Bomi Omyeon (KBS2 / 2007) - Oh Yeong-ju
- Yeon Gae So Mun (SBS / 2006-2007) - Cheon Gwan-Nyeo
- My Girl (SBS / 2005-2006) - Kim Se-Hyun
- Come Back Soon-ae! | Dolahhwayo Sunaesshi (2006 / SBS) - stewardess on last airplane (guest appearance)
- Lotus Lantern (CCTV, 2005) - (guest)
- Han Xue Bao Ma (CCTV / 2005)
- Feng Qiu Huang (CCTV / 2004)
- Drama Special - Red Candy | Deurama Seupeseol - Bbalgangsatang (KBS2 / 2010) - Yu-Hee