The Scent (Korean Movie)
Current user rating: 89/100 (151 votes)
- Movie: The Scent
- Revised romanization: Ganginam
- Hangul: 간기남 (short title)
- Director: Kim Hyung-Jun
- Writer: Hwang Sung-Goo
- Producer: Baek Sun-Hee, Choi Joon-Young
- Cinematographer: Choi Young-Taek
- Release Date: April 11, 2012
- Runtime: 117 min.
- Genre: Thriller / Comedy
- Distributor: Showbox/Mediaplex
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
A detective (Park Hee-Soon), who moonlights as a private investigator, has a beautiful new client Soo-Jin (Park Si-Yeon). The woman asks the detective to take photos of her husband in the midst of having an affair with another woman. When the detective goes to take pictures he discovers that the woman's husband is already dead. Now the detective becomes a suspect. The detective is chased by another detective (Joo Sang-Wook). He must now set out for the real killer.
- Early Korean working title was "Yeoinui Hyanggi" (여인의 향기) translated literally "Scent of a Woman".
- Filming began August 27, 2011 and finished December 11, 2011.
|Park Hee-Soon||Park Si-Yeon|
|Kang Sun-Woo||Kim Soo-Jin|
|Joo Sang-Wook||Kim Jung-Tae||Lee Han-Wi||Lee Kwang-Soo||Cha Soo-Yeon|
|Detective Han Gil-Ro||Detective Seo||Chief detective Sa||Gi-Poong||Hye-Young|
Additional Cast Members:
- Kim Jung-Hak - forensic detective
- Kim Yoon-Sung - Lee Jin-Kuk
- Shin Hyun-Tak - man with age similar to son
- Bang Kil-Seung - man with tattoo
- Cha Jong-Ho - bum