I Can Hear Your Voice
Current user rating: 94/100 (6353 votes)
- Drama: I Can Hear Your Voice (English/literal title)
- Revised romanization: Neoui Moksoriga Deulleo
- Hangul: 너의 목소리가 들려
- Director: Jo Soo-Won
- Writer: Park Hye-Ryun
- Network: SBS
- Episodes: 18
- Release Date: June 5 - August 1, 2013
- Runtime: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
9-year-old Soo-Ha (later played by Lee Jong-Suk) and his father are riding together in a car when they are suddenly struck by a truck driven by Min Joon-Kook (Jung Woong-In). Min Joon-Kook then gets out of his truck and jumps on the hood of their car. Soo-Ha and Min Joon-Kook's eyes meet through the windshield of his father's car. Suddenly, Soo-Ha is able to hear the man's violent thoughts .. "I need to finish this."
Min Joon-Kook goes to his truck and gets out a baseball bat. He fatally strikes Soo-Ha's father dead with the bat. Soo-Ha is in complete shock. When Min Joon-Kook turns to strike Soo-Ho, the sound of a camera flash goes off and Min Joon-Kook goes after whoever is taking the pictures. This saves Soo-Ha's life.
The person with the camera is a young girl named Hye-Sung (later played by Lee Bo-Young). Later, Hye-Sung testifies against Min Joon-Kook in court. Min Joon-Kook claims that Soo-Ha's father died in the car accident. Through the court proceedings, Soo-Ha falls in love with Hye-Sung. Soo-Ha promises to protect Hye-Sung from Min Joon-Kook, when he threatens to get revenge on her.
10 years later, Soo-Ha is now an exemplary high student. Nobody is aware that Soo-Ha possesses telepathic abilities.
Meanwhile, Hye-Sung now works as an attorney, but she doesn't uphold the virtues of her profession very well. She is also not very successful and barely makes $1,000 a month. Her mother then pushes her to apply for a public defender position due to its higher pay.
In the waiting room, prior to taking her interview, Kwan-Woo (Yoon Sang-Hyun) strikes up a conversation with Hye-Sung, but she ignores him. Kwan-Woo is applying for the same position. He originally worked as a police officer, but went back to law school to become a public defender. During her interview, Hye-Sung talks about the events that occurred 10 years ago and this helps her land the public defender position.
After Hye-Sung gets the job, her picture is posted in the newspaper. Soo-Ha sees her photo and becomes elated that he can finally see her. At the same time, Min Joon-Kook sees her photo while in prison. He is soon set to be released.
- "I Can Hear Your Voice" takes over the Wednesday & Thursday 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Case Number 113" and will be followed by "Master's Sun in July, 2013.
- First script reading for the drama series took place on May 5, 2013 at SBS Studio in Tanhyun, Ilsan, South Korea.
- Due to high TV ratings, drama series was extended from 16 to 18 episodes.
|Lee Bo-Young||Lee Jong-Suk||Yoon Sang-Hyun||Lee Da-Hee|
|Jang Hye-Sung||Park Soo-Ha||Cha Kwan-Woo||Seo Do-Yeon|
|Kim Kwang-Kyu||Jeong Dong-Hwan||Kim Hae-Sook||Jung Woong-In||Kim Ga-Eun|
|Kim Kong-Sook||Seo Dae-Seok||Eo Choon-Sim||Min Joon-Kook||Ko Sung-Bin|
Additional Cast Members:
- Yun Ju-Sang - Shin Sang-Duk
- Choi Sung-Joon - Choi Yoo-Chang
- Kim Byung-Ok - Hwang Dal-Joong
- Jang Hee-Soo - Do-Yeon's mother
- Kim Hye-Yoon - Do-Yeon's high school friend
- Park Doo-Sik - Kim Choong-Ki
- Lee Jung-Hyuk - Lee Jung-Hoon
- Kim Soo-Yeon - Moon Dong-Hee
- Han Ki-Woong - Jung Pil-Jae
- Han Ki-Won - Jung Pil-Seung
- Park Chul-Hyun - disorderly student
- Yeo Ho-Min - Policeman Woon-Seung
- Jang Hee-Woong - prosecutor
- Jo Deok-Hyeon - Soo-Ha's father
- Lee Sol-Gu - detective
- Choi Dae-Sung - Do-Yeon's office emplyee
- Park Jeong-Woo - Ha-Myung
- Kim Gwang-In - chief prosecutor
- KangNam - 4885 thief
- Jung Geun - Kang Seung-Goo
- Lee Dong-Jin - judge
- Lee Si-Hoo
- Kim So-Hyun - Jang Hye-Sung (young)
- Goo Seung-Hyun - Park Soo-Ha (young)
- Jung Min-A - Seo Do-Yeon (young)
- Kim Sung-Kyun - detective (cameo)
- Jeon Su-Kyeong - woman giving promotional materials (cameo)
- So E-Hyun - lawyer (cameo)
- Kim Kyung-Jin - supermarket owner's son (cameo)
- Lee Byung-Joon - free newspaper president (cameo)
- Kim Ki-Cheon - pervert (cameo)
- Kim Mi-Kyung - Hwang Dal-Joong's wife (cameo)
- Ahn Moon-Sook - orphanage employee (cameo)
- Kim Min-Jong - Lawyer Choi (cameo)
- Uhm Ki-Joon - Public Defender Uhm Ki-Joon (cameo - ep.14)
- Kim Mi-Ryeo - department store sales woman (cameo)
- Ahn Young-Mi - department store customer (cameo)
- Jeong Man-Sik - police college interviewer (cameo)
|2013-06-05||1||7.8% (15th)||8.9% (13th)||7.7% (17th)||9.0% (12th)|
|2013-06-06||2||11.6% (4th)||13.6% (3rd)||12.7% (5th)||14.0% (4th)|
|2013-06-12||3||14.0% (4th)||16.5% (1st)||15.0% (4th)||16.5% (4th)|
|2013-06-13||4||17.3% (2nd)||20.1% (1st)||16.1% (4th)||17.5% (2nd)|
|2013-06-19||5||16.6% (2nd)||19.3% (1st)||16.1% (4th)||17.7% (2nd)|
|2013-06-20||6||16.6% (2nd)||19.9% (1st)||17.8% (2nd)||19.9% (1st)|
|2013-06-26||7||15.1% (3rd)||17.0% (1st)||16.1% (3rd)||18.4% (1st)|
|2013-06-27||8||18.1% (2nd)||20.7% (1st)||16.4% (3rd)||18.1% (2nd)|
|2013-07-03||9||17.3% (3rd)||20.5% (1st)||17.9% (2nd)||19.4% (1st)|
|2013-07-04||10||19.8% (2nd)||23.2% (1st)||19.7% (2nd)||20.9% (2nd)|
|2013-07-10||11||22.2% (1st)||26.0% (1st)||22.1% (1st)||24.6% (1st)|
|2013-07-11||12||22.2% (1st)||25.8% (1st)||22.8% (1st)||24.8% (1st)|
|2013-07-17||13||22.6% (1st)||25.7% (1st)||21.6% (1st)||23.7% (1st)|
|2013-07-18||14||23.6% (1st)||27.9% (1st)||23.1% (1st)||26.2% (1st)|
|2013-07-24||15||24.2% (1st)||27.4% (1st)||23.0% (1st)||24.8% (1st)|
|2013-07-25||16||25.2% (1st)||28.1% (1st)||24.1% (1st)||26.7% (1st)|
|2013-07-31||17||23.7% (1st)||25.8% (1st)||22.3% (1st)||24.7% (1st)|
|2013-08-01||18||26.2% (1st)||29.0% (1st)||23.1% (1st)||24.8% (1st)|
- NR denotes not ranked within the Top 20 daily shows according to TNS Media Korea and AGB Nielson.
- 2014 (50th) PaekSang Arts Awards - May 27, 2014
- Best Actress (Lee Bo-Young)
- 2013 SBS Drama Awards - December 31, 2013