Current user rating: 92/100 (626 votes)
- Movie: IRIS: The Movie / IRIS - The Last (Japanese English title)
- Revised romanization: Ahiriseu
- Hangul: 아이리스 : 더 무비 / 아이리스 - 극장판
- Director: Yang Yun-Ho, Kim Kyu-Tae
- Producer: Jung Tae-Won
- World Premiere: March 21, 2010 (Hong Kong International Film Festival)
- Release Date: November 22, 2010 (South Korea) / Janaury 8, 2011 (Japan)
- Studio: Taewon Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Korea, the last divided nation on earth, is constantly under political and military tension with the surrounding countries especially with the North Korean nuclear issue. To avoid the second Korean War, the secret service agency NSS exists for the national security on the Korean peninsula.
NSS special agents are trained specialists who would use any means to fulfill their mission. They officially do not exist and are not acknowledged or protected by the government. Although they are trained to be cold-blooded killers, there is one taboo they cannot avoid; that is love.
Hyeon-jun (Lee Byung-Hun) and Sa-woo (Jeong Jun-Ho) are close friends and rivals in the 707 special forces. They are both recruited into NSS and quickly become the best of the best. Each with different secret assignments, they soon have to take on different paths of life, and even against each other. In a world of conspiracy and betrayal, they both fall for Seung-hee (Kim Tae-Hee), the beautiful but lethal profiling specialist at NSS. They are forced to make their final decision when they are faced against each other in a nuclear terrorist attack, and Seunghee’s formidable secret is revealed.
- "Iris: The Movie" is the first Korean production that will film a television drama and feature length film in parallel. The movie version will be a feature length edit of the twenty episode "IRIS" drama series with additional scenes shot specifically for the theatrical version.
- On November 20th, distributor Finecut announced sales of "Iris: The Movie" to Mega Film in mainland China and MFA+ to German speaking Europe.
- "IRIS: The Movie" was released in Korea on November 22, 2010 through IPTV, Cable TV, Satellite PPV, and online portals powered by Cine21. It was not released in movie theatres.
- "IRIS: The Movie" will be released theatrically in Japan on January 8, 2011 through distributor Kadokawa Pictures and titled as "IRIS - The Last".
- Related titles:
- IRIS (KBS2 / 2009)
- IRIS: The Movie (2010)
- Athena: Goddess of War (SBS / 2010)
- IRIS 2 (KBS2 / 2013)
The media player is loading...
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers