Current user rating: 92/100 (1462 votes)
- Drama: IRIS 2 / IRIS II: New Generation
- Revised romanization: Airiseu 2
- Hangul: 아이리스 2
- Director: Pyo Min-Soo, Kim Tae-Hoon
- Writer: Jo Kyu-Won
- Network: KBS2
- Episodes: 20
- Release Date: February 13 - April 18, 2013
- Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Set 3 years after the death of NIS (National Intelligence Service) agent Kim Hyeon-Jun (Lee Byung-Hun) by terrorist group IRIS. At a warehouse that sells arms illegally, NSS (National Security Service) team leader Joon-Han (Sung Dong-Il) sees Detective Yoo-Gun (Jang Hyuk) and asks him to work with him as an NSS agent.
Later, Yoo-Gun is now a team leader for the NSS TF-A team. Soo-Yeon (Lee Da-Hae), who has loved Yoo-Gun since they were young, begins to work as an NSS agent as well. Choi Min (Oh Yeon-Su) is newly appointed as the NSS deputy director. Her only purpose is take down IRIS.
NSS ex-director Baek San (Kim Young-Chul) has been incarcerated at the NSS prison, located on a remote island. A helicopter requests to land on the island and identifies themselves as NSS agents. After landing, they suddenly open fire on NSS agents. They are actually IRIS members. They are led by Ray (David McInnis) and takes Baek San out of prison. But when the helicopter leaves the island, Baek San jumps out of the helicopter and into the ocean.
Yoo-Gun, Soo-Yeon and Hyun-Woo (Yoon Doo-Joon) arrive on the island. Soo-Yeon is caught by Baek San, who points a gun at her. Yoo-Gun tries to mediate with Baek San, but Hyun-Woo fires from long range towards Baek San. Soo-Yeon is shot and taken to the hospital.
Baek San is moved to a NSS secret house. There, Baek San is interrogated by Yoo-Gun. He wants to know why he turned himself in and why IRIS tried to take him, but Baek San stays silent. Baek San only asks for 3 newspapers to read daily. The NSS team tries to find any secret code hidden within the newspapers, but find nothing.
At this time, IRIS members approach the NSS secret house. A gun fight erupts between IRIS and NSS agents. Yoo-Gun takes Baek San out of the secret house and runs to a car with Baek San. IRIS chases after the car with Baek San. Yoo-Gun is able to get to a military base and they are temporarily safe from IRIS. Yoo-Gun and NSS deputy director Choi begin to suspect that there's an IRIS mole within the NSS ranks.
Baek San finally reveals to the NSS agents that IRIS may launch an attack in Hungary, where high level meetings between North and South Korea are about to take place. He's unsure if IRIS is targeting North or South Korea.
Meanwhile, Soo-Yeon is now recovered. Even though Yoo-Gun opposes, Soo-Yeon goes to Hungary with the NSS team. Meanwhile, Yeon-Hwa (Lim Soo-Hyang) from IRIS arrives in Hungary and plots out their scheme. There's also Joong-Won (Lee Beom-Soo), who escaped from North Korea, and appears in Hungary by Yeon-Hwa's request.
- Filming begins November, 2012.
- Takes over the KBS2 Wed. & Thu. 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Jeon Woo-Chi" and will be followed by "The Fugitive of Joseon" in April, 2013.
- Filming began shooting on location in Budapest, Hungary. On November 21, 2012, two lanes of traffic was shut down on the famous Széchenyi Chain Bridge in Budapest for filming. In addition, the Hungarian staff from filming the original "IRIS" series and the staff from "Die Hard 5" has joined the production team of "IRIS 2" in Hungary.
- Shooting moved to Cambodia in December, 2012. IRIS 2 has shot in Angkor Wat (largest religious monument in the world) and in Cambodian cities. IRIS 2 is the first production to shoot in Angkor Wat since Hollywood film "Tomb Rider" and the first ever Korean production to shoot there. The Angkor Wat scene features Yoo Joong-Won (Lee Beom-Soo) and Kim Yeon-Hwa (Lim Soo-Hyang) meeting for the first time.
- Related titles:
|Jang Hyuk||Lee Da-Hae||Lee Beom-Soo||Oh Yeon-Su||Yoon Doo-Joon|
|Jung Yoo-Gun||Ji Soo-Yeon||Yoo Joong-Won||Choi Min||Seo Hyun-Woo|
|Lee Joon||Lim Soo-Hyang||Kim Young-Chul||Kim Seung-Woo||David McInnis|
|Yoon Shi-Hyuk||Kim Yeon-Hwa||Baek San||Park Cheol-Yeong||Ray|
|Kim Il-Woo||Baek Sung-Hyun||Sung Dong-Il||Yun Ju-Sang||Lee Jeong-Kil|
|Kang Cheol-Hwan||Kang Byung-Jin||Park Joon-Han||Oh Hyun-Kyu||Jo Myung-Ho|
|Jo Sung-Ha||Yoon Joo-Hee||Yoon So-Yi||Park Jung-Won||Kim Ji-Min|
|Ha Seung-Jin||Lee Soo-Jin||Park Tae-Hee||Park Choon-Sung||Jamie|
Additional Cast Members:
- Cha Hyun-Jung - Yoo Hae-Young
- Lee Seung-Hak - Kim Ji-Hun
- Hyeong Kon - Song Young-Min
- Kim Kap-Soo - Mr. Black
- Kim So-Yeon - Kim Sun-Hwa
- Joo Jin-Mo - Ha Jae-Yong
- Yuko Fueki - Rie
- Jeon Jae-Hyeong - Pyo Jin-Hwan
- Lee Bo-Hee - Jung Soo-Min
- Kwon Byung-Gil - Wee Sang-Cheol
- Ahn Seung-Hun - Kwon Young-Choon
- Kim Jong-Goo - Koo Bon-Gil
- Park Sang-Wook - arms dealer
- Park Seung-Tae - Joong-Won's mother
- Kang Shin-Hyo - Jang Cheol
- Kim Jung-Wook - Johannes
- Se Jun - Lee Hyeok-Soo
- Jeon Jin-Ki - Philip
- Park Geon-Tae - Yoo-Gun (teen)
- Kim So-Hyun - Soo-Yeon (teen)
- Jung Suk-Won - Baek San (young)
- Na Yeon - Jung Soo-Min (young)
- Kim Ki-Yeol - bakery employee (cameo)
|2013-02-13||1||17.0% (3rd)||19.3% (3rd)||14.4% (6th)||15.3% (3rd)|
|2013-02-14||2||15.0% (6th)||16.9% (5th)||12.4% (12th)||12.0% (9th)|
|2013-02-20||3||12.2% (11th)||13.2% (7th)||10.8% (15th)||10.7% (15th)|
|2013-02-21||4||11.7% (14th)||12.9% (9th)||10.7% (15th)||10.5% (12th)|
|2013-02-27||5||11.6% (13th)||13.5% (5th)||10.1% (12th)||10.0% (11th)|
|2013-02-28||6||10.8% (15th)||12.1% (10th)||10.1% (15th)||10.1% (14th)|
|2013-03-06||7||11.1% (11th)||12.0% (6th)||9.4% (15th)||9.3% (17th)|
|2013-03-07||8||11.2% (14th)||12.4% (8th)||9.5% (17th)||9.8% (14th)|
|2013-03-13||9||10.6% (15th)||11.6% (6th)||10.0% (13th)||9.6% (11th)|
|2013-03-14||10||9.7% (16th)||10.4% (9th)||10.0% (12th)||9.5% (13th)|
|2013-03-20||11||10.4% (13th)||12.0% (6th)||9.5% (15th)||9.0% (13th)|
|2013-03-21||12||10.6% (13th)||11.3% (7th)||10.5% (12th)||10.2% (12th)|
|2013-03-27||13||10.6% (12th)||11.8% (6th)||9.6% (11th)||9.4% (11th)|
|2013-03-28||14||10.4% (15th)||11.9% (8th)||10.3% (14th)||10.2% (14th)|
|2013-04-03||15||10.6% (10th)||11.3% (6th)||10.2% (9th)||10.3% (8th)|
|2013-04-04||16||11.3% (9th)||12.5% (6th)||11.1% (7th)||10.9% (8th)|
|2013-04-10||17||10.5% (10th)||11.3% (6th)||9.7% (12th)||9.6% (11th)|
|2013-04-11||18||9.8% (16th)||10.4% (10th)||NR||8.7% (18th)|
|2013-04-17||19||8.8% (14th)||9.2% (11th)||9.7% (10th)||10.7% (9th)|
|2013-04-18||20||10.5% (12th)||11.4% (7th)||10.4% (12th)||10.7% (11th)|
- NR denotes not ranked within the Top 20 daily shows according to TNS Media Korea and AGB Nielson.