Current user rating: 89/100 (1055 votes)
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set during the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty period, envoys lose the Emperor's Royal Seal to a giant whale. Jang Sa-Jung (Kim Nam-Gil) leads a group of bandits and he attempts to retrieve the seal. Jang Sa-Jung and his group then run into a group of pirates led by Yeo-Wol (Son Ye-Jin).
- Filming began August 15, 2013 on Cheongwan Mountain, which is located in Jangheung, South Jeolla Province, South Korea.
- Filming finished January 9, 2014 in Namyangju, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. The last scene filmed involves Jang Sa-Jung (Kim Nam-Gil) and Yeo-Wol (Son Ye-Jin) isolated on an island, finding a lost pirate ship.
- During the Film market at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, movie "The Pirates" sold to 15 countries including USA, Japan, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands.
- Related titles:
- The Pirates | Haejuk: Badaro Gan Sanjuk (2014)
- The Pirates 2 | Haejuk: Dokkaebi Gitbal (2021)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers