Current user rating: 93/100 (1524 votes)
- Drama: Gabdong, the Memories of Murder (English title)
- Revised romanization: Gapdongi
- Hangul: 갑동이
- Director: Jo Soo-Won
- Writer: Kwon Eum-Mi
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 20
- Release Date: April 11 - June 21, 2014
- Runtime: Fri & Sat 20:50
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
20 years ago Moo-Yeom’s (Yoon Sang-Hyun) father was a suspect in the "Gap Dong” serial murder case. Because of the detectives’ oppressive investigation, Moo-Yeom’s father killed himself.
Now, Moo-Yeom is a detective and works to capture the killer Gap Dong. The statue of limitations has expired for the serial murder case and Moo-Yeom resigns to the belief that Gap Dong is dead. New clues though for Gap Dong appears in front of Moo-Yeom and he sets out to catch him once and for all.
- Drama series is inspired by the "Hwaseong serial murder case" which occurred from 1986 to 1991 in the Taean Neighborhood of Hwaseong, South Korea. Ten women were raped and murdered during that time period.
- First script reading took place at CJ E&M Center in Sangam Neighborhood, Seoul.
- "Gap Dong" takes over the tvN Fri & Sat 20:50 time slot previously occupied by "Emergency Couple” and followed by "Marriage Not Dating" on July 4, 2014.
- Related titles (based on the same true story):
- Memories of Murder | Salinui Chueok (2003)
- Gabdong, the Memories of Murder | Gapdongi (tvN / 2014)
- Signal (tvN / 2016)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers