Current user rating: 90/100 (1569 votes)
- Drama: East of Eden
- Revised romanization: Edenui Dongjjuk
- Hangul: 에덴의 동쪽
- Director: Kim Jin-Man, Ashbun
- Assistant Director: Jung Dae-Yoon
- Writer: Na Yeon-Suk, Lee Hong-Koo
- Network: MBC
- Episodes: 56
- Release Date: August 25, 2008 - March 10, 2009
- Runtime: 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Shin Tae-hwan is the managing director of a coal mine in Taebaek. As the true embodiment of ambition, he strives to become the inheritor of the coal mining company called the Taesung Group. In this process, he kills Lee Ki-chul, another miner who has been blocking his path to success. For his own selfish pleasure, he also seduces a nurse at Taebaek Hospital, only to coldly brush her away later.
At that moment, the wife of the deceased miner Lee Ki-chul gives birth to a son at Taebaek Hospital. On that same day, Shin Tae-hwan’s wife also gives birth to a baby boy.
Mi-ae is the nurse who has been betrayed by Shin Tae-hwan. In her rage, she comes up with a scheme to fulfill her own revenge. As if to jab a dagger into Shin Tae-hwan’s heart, she switches the two babies born in the same hospital. By doing so, she viciously transforms the fates of the two lives.
- Production cost for the 50 episode "East of Eden" totaled 25 Billion Won (roughly $23 Million).
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers