You're My Pet (Korean Movie)
Current user rating: 93/100 (1908 votes)
- Movie: You're My Pet / You Are My Pet
- Revised romanization: Neoneun Pet
- Korean: 너는 펫
- Japanese: きみはペット
- Director: Kim Byung-Kon
- Writer: Yayoi Ogawa (manga)
- Producer: Lee Sung-Hoon
- Cinematographer: Choi Kwang-Sik
- Release Date: November 10, 2011 (South Korea) / January 21, 2012 (Japan)
- Runtime: 110 min.
- Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Eun-Yi (Kim Ha-Neul) works as an editor for a fashion magazine. She keeps failing in relationships with men, but doesn't get along with her colleagues. In-Ho (Jang Keun-Suk) was a promising ballet dancer. Two years ago he lifted a female dancer, but dropped her on accident. Because of this accident the woman was unable to dance any further and, now, In-Ho won't dance with women anymore. In-Ho now hopes to become a musical choreographer. Unfortunately for In-Ho, he doesn't have a place to stay. He goes to a bar where his friend Eun-Soo (Choi Jong-Hoon) works. Later that night, Eun-Soo takes In-Ho over to his older sister's house (fashion magazine editor Eun-Yi).
When Eun-Yi arrives at her home, she walks into the bathroom and sees someone brushing her teeth. As she walks by she pats him on his rear end, assuming the guy is her younger brother Eun-Soo. When the guy turns around she's shocked that it is a complete stranger. Eun-Soo then asks his older sister Eun-Yi if In-Ho can stay at her place temporarily, telling her that he's really good with household chores. Eun-Yi disapproves of the idea, but that night Eun-Soo accepts money from In-Ho to stay at her sister's place.
The next evening, on a rainy night, Eun-Yi walks home and finds a large blue box on front of her home. When she looks inside of the box she's shocked again to see the guy the from the other day, In-Ho, sitting in the box. Ji-Eun brings sopping wet In-Ho into her apartment, while she tries to contact her younger brother. Her younger brother doesn't answer her calls. Oddly enough, In-Ho reminds Eun-Yi of her former pet dog Momo. Eun-Yi then comes up with an arrangement. She will let In-Ho stay at her apartment if he will become her pet dog named Momo.
As they become more familiar and comfortable with each other, Eun-Yi's first love Cha Woo-Sung (Ryu Tae-Joon) comes to her office looking for her ...
- Based on Yayaoi Ogawa's Japanese manga "Kimi wa Pet" serialized from 2000 to 2005. The comic won the 2003 Kodanisha Manga Award.
- Actor Jang Keun-Suk will take dance lessons for his role in "You're My Pet".
- Filming began May 16, 2011 & shot first in Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan.
- On July 6th, an open press day was held in Seongbuk-dong, Seoul, South Korea. The scene being filmed at the Diplomatic Residence Complex, Seongbuk-dong, Seoul, involved Ji-Eun (Kim Ha-Neul) finding a box in front of her house. In the box sits In-Ho (Jang Keun-Suk). This is when the two main characters first meet. Approximately 50% of the shooting has been completed and the movie is expected to be released sometime in the 2nd half of 2011.
- Filming finished August 28, 2011, taking 100 days to film the movie. The last scene shot involved in Kang In-Ho (Jang Keun-Suk) going over to Ji-Eun's (Kim Ha-Neul) work place and asking her to go out to have fun.
- Related titles:
- You're My Pet | Kimi wa Pet (TBS / 2003)
|Kim Ha-Neul||Jang Keun-Suk||Ryu Tae-Joon||Jung Yoo-Mi||Choi Jong-Hoon|
|Ji Eun-Yi||Kang In-Ho||Cha Woo-Sung||Lee Young-Eun||Ji Eun-Soo|
Additional Cast Members:
- Kang Ha-Neul - Young-Soo
- Kang Hae-In - Kim Mi-Sung
- Ko Na-Eun - Kim Jin-Ah
- Lee Jin-Hee - Yoo Ah-Young
- Ahn Kil-Kang - chief editor
- Son Se-Bin - Kim Ji-Young (co-worker 1)
- Jang Eun-Ah - musical actress
- Most Popular Actor (Jang Keun-Suk) - 2012 (48th) PaekSang Arts Awards]] - April 26, 2012