Current user rating: 83/100 (249 votes)
- Drama: To Give a Dream (literal title)
- Romaji: Yume wo Ataeru
- Japanese: 夢を与える
- Director: Isshin Inudo
- Writer: Risa Wataya (novel). Izumi Takahashi
- Network: WOWOW
- Episodes: 4
- Release Date: May 16 - June 6, 2015
- Runtime: Saturday 22:00 - 23:00
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
13 years ago, the Abe family moved to a town in the suburbs, surrounded by nature. The Abe family consists of their French father Toma (De Lencquesaing Nozomi), his Japanese wife Mikiko (Rinko Kikuchi) and their beautiful daughter Yuko (Kanon Tani). They appear like the perfect family. Mikiko managed to get her daughter Yuko to take part in a CM audition and she was picked by Murano (Joe Odagiri), director of the advertising agency. Yuko is now in show business.
Several years later, Yuko (Nana Komatsu) transfers to a large entertainment company. As her mother wishes, Yuko is now popular and appears on the cover of magazines, variety shows and drama series. Yuko, though, feels an uncomfortable imbalance between her public image and her real self. During this time, she meets a dancer, Seiko (Mackenyu), who marches to the beat of his own drum, and falls in love with him. The nightmare begins.
- "To Give a Dream" takes over WOWOW's Saturday 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Partner in Darkness" and followed by "Futagashira" on June 13, 2015.
- Based on novel "Yume wo Ataeru" by Risa Wataya (published 2006 by in Japanese literary magazine Bungei).
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers