Current user rating: 90/100 (113 votes)
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Hajime Onchi (Takaya Kamikawa) leads the committee for labor union of national airline NAL. Hajime Onchi and vice committee head, Shiro Gyoten (Atsuro Watabe) confront management of NAL, demanding better working conditions. The working conditions at NAL is so poor that fatal incidents could occur. Hajime Onchi, always place safety first, is demoted to a remote location abroad. Meanwhile, Shiro breaks away from Hajime and joins the management side to further his career.
An airplane crash involving NAL takes place. Hajime Onchi returns to Japan and faces the grieving bereaved families. To resurrect NAL, the government places Masayuki Kunimi as the president of NAL. The new president of NAL calls Hajime to investigate the widespread corruption at the airline. Hajime soon encounters former ally Shiro Gyoten as he attempts to block his investigation.
- Based on novel "Shizumanu Taiyo" by Toyoko Yamasaki (published from 1995 to 1999 in weekly magazine Shukan Shincho).
- Filming begins at the end of December, 2015 and finishes in mid May, 2016. Some portions of the filming will take place in Africa and the Middle East.
- Drama series contains 20 episodes which is the most aired by WOWOW to date.
- Related titles: (based on the same novel):
- The Unbroken | Shizumanu Taiyo (2009)
- Shizumanu Taiyo (WOWOW / 2016)
- Other titles based on the 1985 plane crash of Japan Airlines Flight 123
- The Climber's High (NHK / 2005)
- The Climber's High (2008)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers