Current user rating: 96/100 (2337 votes)
- Drama Special: Kingdom: Ashin of the North
- Revised romanization: Kingdom: Ashinjeon
- Hangul: 킹덤: 아신전
- Director: Kim Sung-Hoon
- Writer: Kim Eun-Hee (webcomic & screenplay), Yang Kyung-Il (cartoon)
- Network: Netflix
- Episodes: 1
- Release Date: July 23, 2021
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
As the southern part of Joseon recovers from a Japanese invasion, the northern border of Joseon has become more vulnerable. Jurchens have gathered in nearby Pajeowi, arousing the suspicions of the Joseon government. 15 dead Jurchen bodies are discovered in a mountain in Joseon. The Jurchens were hunting for wild ginseng. Fearing a possible invasion by the Pajeowi Jurchens due to the deaths of their people, Min Chi-Rok (Park Byung-Eun) implements a plan to ward off an invasion. He travels to the boundary village, located in the most northern part of Joseon, where ethnic Jurchens have lived in Joseon. These people are shunned by both countries. Min Chi-Rok orders village leader Ta-Hap (Kim Roe-Ha) to travel to Pajeowi and spread rumors that a tiger killed the 15 Jurchens.
Meanwhile, Ta-Hap's daughter Ashin (later played by Gianna Jun) sneaks off into the mountains to hunt for a plant that promises to bring back even the dead. Her mother is deathly ill.
- Based on the webcomic “Burning Hell Shinui Nara” by Kim Eun-Hee (writer) & Yang Kyung-Il (illustrator) (first published July 23, 2015 by RHK).
- Drama special is a "sidequel" from "Kingdom Season 2," providing background on the character Ashin introduced at the end of that series.
- Five teaser posters for "Kingdom: Ashin of the North."
- Related titles (drama series):
- Kingdom (Netflix / 2019)
- Kingdom Season 2 (Netflix / 2020)
- Kingdom: Ashin of the North | Kingdom: Ashinjeon (Netflix / 2021)
- Kingdom: Crown Prince | Kingdom: Sejajeon (Netflix / 2021)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers