Current user rating: 81/100 (6 votes)
- Movie: Japan Sinks / Submersion of Japan / Tidal Wave
- Romaji: Nippon chinbotsu
- Japanese: 日本沈没
- Director: Shiro Moritani
- Writer: Shinobu Hashimoto, Sakyo Komatsu (novel)
- Producer: Osamu Tanaka, Tomoyuki Tanaka
- Cinematographer: Daisaku Kimura, Hiroshi Murai
- Release Date: December 29, 1973
- Runtime: 140 min.
- Studio: Toho
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Geophysicists Dr. Tadokoro and his assistants have discovered abnormal fragmentations under the open sea of Izu. Enough data to believe that a big disaster, namely, the Islands of Japan, will submerge into the sea within 2 years. The Japanese Government was skeptical about this at first, but then decided an evacuation, i.e. 'Plan D'. However, the destruction is beyond Dr. Tadokoro's estimation! Now, tremendous earthquakes everywhere in Japan, extinct volcanoes are becoming active again. "Plan D" is now enforced. Will the entire Japan submerge as divination?
- Based on novel "Nihon Chinbotsu" by Sakyo Komatsu (published 1973 by Kappa Novels).
- Related titles:
- Japan Sinks (1973)
- The Sinking of Japan | Nihon chinbotsu (2006)
- The World Sinks Except Japan | Nihon igai zenbu chinbotsu (2006) * parody
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers