Current user rating: 91/100 (8 votes)
- Drama: Japan Sinks: People of Hope (literal title)
- Romaji: Nihon Chinbotsu: Kibo no Hito
- Japanese: 日本沈没ー希望のひとー
- Writer: Sakyo Komatsu (novel), Hiroshi Hashimoto
- Network: TBS
- Release Date: October, 2021 --
- Runtime: Sunday 21:00
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
In 2023 in Tokyo, Prime Minister Eiichi Higashiyama (Toru Nakamura) pushes for COMS at the World Environment Conference. COMS is a method to liquify pollutants and store it in the crack of the sea floor. Prime Minister Eiichi Higashiyama gathers young and talented bureaucrats and launches Japan Future Promotion Conference, which is to benefit the future of Japan. Keishi Amami (Shun Oguri) of the Ministry of the Environment and Koichi Tokiwa (Kenichi Matsuyama) of the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry are members of that conference.
One day, Yusuke Tadokoro’s (Teruyuki Kagawa) article is published in a weekly magazine. His articles warns that Kanto region will sink into the sea. Due to his article, groups begin to hold protests. To ease the situation, Keishi Amami meets with
Yusuke Tadokoro, but Yusuke Tadokoro insists that in the near future, Izu Peninsula will sink and that will portend the Kanto region sinking. Around this time, Minori Shiina (Anne Watanabe), who is a weekly magazine reporter, talks to Keishi Amami about possible corruption between a company and the Ministry of Environment. Keishi Amami is uncomfortable dealing with everything, but he takes part in his hobby and goes scuba diving with Koichi Tokiwa. There he faces a shocking event.
- Based on novel "Nihon Chinbotsu" by Sakyo Komatsu (published 1973 by Kappa Novels).
- Related titles:
- Japan Sinks (1973)
- The Sinking of Japan | Nihon chinbotsu (2006)
- The World Sinks Except Japan | Nihon igai zenbu chinbotsu (2006) * parody
- Japan Sinks: People of Hope | Nihon Chinbotsu: Kibo no Hito (TBS / 2021)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers