Current user rating: 93/100 (356 votes)
"Woochi" begins in the Chosun Dynasty in 1509 and involves a trio of Taoist wizards, a magician named Jeon Woo Chi (Gang Dong-Won) and his dog turned man, a corrupt king, evil goblins, and a prophetic pipe everyone is after. Eventually Jeon Woo Chi becomes sealed inside an ancient scroll for a crime he did not commit.
Jumping ahead to the year 2009, the wizards are called out of peaceful retirement as goblins start appearing in modern Korea to wreak havoc all around. The trio call on Jeon Woo Chi, who is released from his ancient scroll entrapment, in to save the day. Problem is Jeon Woo Chi, a kind of anti-superhero, becomes more interested in sight-seeing and womanizing in modern day Korea.
- Story is derived from the Korean folklore "Tale of Jeon Woo Chi"
- Filming took place from September 2008 - May 18th, 2009.
- Filming locations include Seoul, Busan, Daegu, Cheolwon, Cheonju, and Ik-san, South Korea and also Boracay, Philippines.
- During the American Film Market (November 4th-11th, 2009), CJ Entertainment presented a 5 minute video of "Jeon Woo Chi" which helped to spur sales to 9 countries (Germany, China, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei).
- "Woochi" opened #2 at the South Korean box office during its opening (Dec. 25-27) weekend. The film sold 1,273,900 tickets on 692 screens and took in 32.1% of all tickets sold that weekend.
- Related titles:
- Jeon Woo-Chi | Jeonwoochi (KBS2 / 2012)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers