Current user rating: 95/100 (177 votes)
Ex-detective pimp Jung-ho is angry because his girls keep disappearing without clearing their debts. One night, he gets a call from a customer and sends Mi-jin. But when Mi-jin meets the customer, Jung-ho realizes the phone number of the customer matches that of the calls the missing girls got last. As something smells fishy, he searches for her. During his search, Jung-ho dents a car in the alley. When Jung-ho spots blood splattered on the driver’s shirt, he senses the man, Young-min, is the suspect. After an intense chase, Jung-ho finally catches Young-min. But because of Jung-ho’s pretense as a cop, they are both taken to the police station. At the station, he bluntly tells the policemen that he has killed the missing women, and the last girl, Mi-jin, may still be alive. As the police force is obsessed with a random search for corpses, Jung-ho is the only one who believes Mi-jin is still alive. With only 12 hours left to detain the serial killer without a warrant, Jung-ho’s hunt begins.
- "The Chaser" is based on the real life serial killer Young-cheol Yoo (유영철), who was convicted in 2005 of murdering 20 people.
- How the "Chaser" followed the real life killings of Young-chul Yoo.
- Young-chul Yoo initially targeted the rich, specifically wealthy homes in the upscale neighborhoods of Seoul. He would first locate a church in such an area and then look for a nearby home that was large and featured a courtyard, surrounded by a walled area.
- Young-chul Yoo often used a hammer as his primary weapon.
- During Young-chul Yoo's killing spree he was arrested once by the police, but they failed to check his background of past criminal offenses and mistook him for a petty thief. He was released.
- Young-chul Yoo then targeted prostitutes, specifically ones who would visit his home.
- Pimps for the missing girls began to get suspicious of a certain anonymous client and his unique phone number which were linked to the phone numbers of the missing women. The pimps then notified an acquaintance, who was also a police officer, and they eventually caught Young-chul Yoo.
- Related titles:
- Forgiveness (2008)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers