Current user rating: 93/100 (5577 votes)
- Drama: Reply 1988
- Revised romanization: Eungdabhara 1988
- Hangul: 응답하라 1988
- Director: Shin Won-Ho
- Writer: Lee Woo-Jung
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 20
- Release Date: November 6, 2015 - January 16, 2016
- Runtime: Fri & Sat 19:50
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
In 1988, Duk-Sun (Hyeri), Jung-Hwan (Ryoo Joon-Yeol), Sun-Woo (Ko Gyung-Pyo) and Dong-Ryong (Lee Dong-Hwi) are high school students and Taek (Park Bo-Gum) is a go player. These five people have been friends since they were little kids. They all grew up together and are neighbors to this day. Their families are also very close to each other. They always hang around Taek's room and spend time together.
Duk-Sun’s family is poor and they live in a semi-basement house. Duk-Sun's father Dong-Il (Sung Dong-Il) lost money due to guaranteeing someone else's debt. Nevertheless, Duk-Sun has a bright personality and enjoys singing and dancing. She always gets into fights with her older sister Bo-Ra (Ryoo Hye-Young).
Jung-Hwan’s family became rich overnight. Jung-Hwan is crazy about soccer.
Sun-Woo is a model student at school, good son and good brother at home. Sun-Woo’s mother has raised Sun-Woo and his younger sister alone after Sun-Woo’s father passed away.
Dong-Ryong likes dancing and hanging out with his 4 friends. He gives up going to a university due to his poor academic score.
Taek is a famous go player known as God. Since he dropped out of school, Duk-Sun, Jung-Hwan, Sun-Woo and Dong-Ryong are his only friends.
- "Reply 1988" takes over the tvN Fri & Sat 19:50 time slot previously occupied by "Second 20s” and followed by "Signal" on January 22, 2016.
- Premise for the drama series is inspired by MBC drama series "Three Families Under One Roof” ("Hanjiboong Segajok") which aired from November 9, 1986 through November 13 1994.
- First script reading took place in the afternoon on July 8, 2015 at CJ E&M CENTER in Sangamdong, Seoul.
- Filming began July 31, 2015 at a drama set in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
- Ep. 17 and ep. 18 of "Reply 1988" will not air on January 1, 2016 and January 2, 2016 as originally planned. Instead, ep.17 and ep.18 will air January 8, 2016 and January 9, 2016. The delay is due to a tight filming and editing schedule with the holidays.
- Story and characters are not related to prior series.
- Related titles:
- Reply 1997 | Eungdabhara 1997 (tvN / 2012)
- Reply 1994 | Eungdabhara 1994 (tvN / 2013)
- Reply 1988 | Eungdabhara 1988 (tvN / 2015)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers