Current user rating: 92/100 (101 votes)
- Movie: Princess Toyotomi
- Romaji: Purinsesu Toyotomi
- Japanese: プリンセス トヨトミ
- Director: Masayuki Suzuki
- Writer: Manabu Makime (novel), Tomoko Aizawa
- Producer: Ken Tsuchiya, Naoto Inaba, Shigeshi Maeda
- Cinematographer: Akira Sako
- Release Date: May 28, 2011
- Runtime: 119 min.
- Genre: Comedy / Mystery / Fantasy
- Production Company: Toho
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
National Audit Bureau member Hajime Matsudaira (Shinichi Tsutsumi), Tadako Torii (Haruka Ayase) & Asahi Gainsbourg (Masaki Okada) travel from their homebase of Tokyo to the city of Osaka. Their mission is to discover any financial irregularities & to ensure the correct use of federal money in the Osaka city government. Their initial audits go smoothly, but things turn more interesting once they enter the Karahori shopping district - the area with a long history reaching back to the Meiji era.
The trio of auditors encounter Koichi Sanada (Kiichi Nakai), who runs a tasty okonomiyaki (Japanese pancakes) restaurant and his son Daisuke (Yuki Morinaga), who wants to be a girl. There's also Daisuke's best friend Chako Hashiba (Ruka Sawaki), a tomboyish girl who protects Daisuke at school from bullying. The auditors then inspect the H.R.H. Foundation, an organization set out to preserve Osaka's historical castles. Although their initial inspection doesn't turn out anything suspicious, it will a short while later. After the trio leave the H.R.H. Foundation and head for Koichi Sanada's restaurant for lunch. When they arrive, Hajime Matsudaira realizes that he left his cellphone at the H.R.H. Foundation. When Hajime returns to the H.R.H. Foundation he discovers that the office is now completely empty (when before it was full of workers), the phones in the office are not connected & the desk drawers are empty!
A full blown investigation is initiated by Hajime Matsudaira and they soon make a startling realization that the whole city of Osaka is running a coverup. A 400 year old secret held by the city of Osaka is about to be revealed ...
- Based on the novel "Princess Toyotomi" by Manabu Makime (published April, 2009 by Bungei Shunju).
|Shinichi Tsutsumi||Haruka Ayase||Masaki Okada||Kiichi Nakai|
|Hajime Matsudaira||Tadako Torii||Asahi Gainsbourg||Koichi Sanada|
|Ruka Sawaki||Yuki Morinaga||Takashi Sasano||Emi Wakui|
|Chako Hashiba||Daisuke Sanada||Kabe Nagaso||Takeko Sanada|
Additional Cast Members:
- Masashi Goda - Secretary for Congressman
- Takashi Ukaji - Karahori middle school principle
- Masahiro Komoto - Osaka government official
- Toshifumi Muramatsu - manager of H.R.H. Foundation
- Hajime Okayama - police officer
- Momoko Kikuchi - Sadako ( Kunimatsu's mom)
- Mitsuru Hirata - Hajime Matsudaira's father
- Toru Emori - Shuzo Urushibara
- Hibiki Uemura - Masaru Hachisuka
- Taro Suruga - Hachisuka team member
- Takayuki Takuma - Yuzo Nanba
- Hiroshi Tamaki - man of Takoyaki store
- Takao Toji - Yakuza Boss