Current user rating: 93/100 (13394 votes)
- Drama: Goblin / Goblin: The Lonely and Great God / Guardian: The Lonely and Great God
- Revised romanization: Sseulsseulhago Chalranhashin-Dokkaebi
- Hangul: 쓸쓸하고 찬란하神-도깨비
- Director: Lee Eung-Bok
- Writer: Kim Eun-Sook
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: December 2, 2016 - January 21, 2017
- Runtime: Fri & Sat 20:00
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
In ancient times, Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) is an unbeatable general in wars, but the young King (Kim Min-Jae) is jealous of Kim Shin and kills him. Kim Shin becomes Dokkaebi (Goblin), possessing an immortal life. At first he thinks that he is blessed, but he realizes that he is cursed.
Closer to the present day, Kim Shin has waited 900 years for a human bride to end his immortal life. One night, he saves a dying pregnant woman (Park Hee-Von) who is destined to die. Meanwhile, the Grim Reaper (Lee Dong-Wook) is unable to find the dead pregnant woman. The woman gives birth to a baby girl named Ji Eun-Tak (later played by Kim Go-Eun). 9 years later, Ji Eun-Tak lives with her mother and is able to see ghosts. One night, her mother suddenly dies. On that night, she meets the Grim Reaper.
In the present day, Ji Eun-Tak is a high school student. She still sees ghosts and hears their whisper of “Dokkaebi’s bride.” She now lives with her aunt’s family, but she is mistreated by them. On her birthday, Ji Eun-Tak sits by the sea with a lighted birthday cake. At that time, Kim Shin suddenly appears in front of her. Kim Shin does not know why, but he can hear her voice and appears in front of her against his will. Coincidentally, Kim Shin lives with the Grim Reaper at the same house.
Now, Kim Shin appears in front of her against his will, whenever she turns off the lights. One day, Ji Eun-Tak tells him that he is Dokkaebi and she is his bride.
- "Goblin" takes over the tvN Fri & Sat 20:30 time slot previously occupied by "The K2" and will be followed by "Tomorrow With You" February, 2017.
- Frst script reading took place August 30, 2016 at Nuri Dream Square in Sangamdong, Seoul, South Korea.
- Filming began September, 2016. Gong Yoo and Kim Go-Eun began filming scenes on location in Canada on October 5, 2016.
- First still images of Lee Dong-Wook in tvN drama series “Goblin.”
- Still images of Gong Yoo and Kim Go-Eun meeting for first time in tvN drama series “Goblin.”
- Gong Yoo and Lee Dong-Wook meeting for first time in tvN drama series “Goblin.”
- First still images of Yoo In-Na in tvN drama series “Goblin.”
- Still images of Gong Yoo and Kim Go-Eun filming on location in Quebec, Canada.
- Teaser posters for tvN drama series “Goblin.”
- Still images of Kim Min-Jae and Kim So-Hyun's special appearance in "Goblin."
- Still images of Kim Go-Eun and Yook Sung-Jae’s first scene together in tvN drama series “Goblin.”
- Ep.14 to air a week later than originally planned and ep.15 & ep.16 to air consecutively on Saturday, January 21, 2017.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers