Current user rating: 91/100 (100 votes)
- Movie: The Black House
- Romaji: Kuroi ie
- Japanese: 黒い家
- Director: Yoshimitsu Morita
- Assistant Director: Yasukazu Sugiyama
- Writer: Yusuke Kishi (novel), Sumio Omori
- Executive Producer: Tsuguhiko Kadokawa
- Producer: Kazuko Misawa, Yasushi Tsuge, Tsutomu Yamamoto
- Cinematography: Nobuyasu Kita
- Release Date: November 13, 1999
- Runtime: 118 min.
- Production Company: Asmik Ace Entertainment, Kuroi Ie Seisaku Iinkai
- Distributor: Shochiku
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
A meek insurance adjuster named Wakatusuki (Seiyo Uchino) at the Showa Life Insurance company in Kanazawa, receives a phone call from a customer (Shinobu Ootake) who asks whether his company pays on a life insurance policy if the cause of death is suicide. Wakatusuki is then called to the home of a client named Shigenori. When he looks around Shigenori's home, he discovers a body hanging from the ceiling in an apparent suicide. The body belongs Shigenori's teenage son. Furthermore, Wakatusuki discovers that Shigenori has taken out an insurance policy on his wife ... who happens to be the person that called him asking about the payout related to suicides.
- Based on novel "Kuroi ie" by Yusuke Kishi (first published June 1997 by Kadokawa Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.). Novel won the Grand Prize at the 4th annual "Japan Horror Story Awards" in 1997.
- Related titles:
- Black House | Geom-eun Jip (2007)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers