Current user rating: 92/100 (134 votes)
- Movie: Kimi wa Tsukiyo ni Hikarikagayaku
- Romaji: Kimi wa Tsukiyo ni Hikarikagayaku
- Japanese: 君は月夜に光り輝く
- Director: Sho Tsukikawa
- Writer: Tetsuya Sano (novel)
- Producer: Kei Haruna, Kazuaki Kishida, Akira Kobe
- Cinematographer: Hiroo Yanagida
- Release Date: March 15, 2019
- Runtime: 101 min.
- Genre: Teen-Romance
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Takuya Okada (Takumi Kitamura) is a high school student. He visits his classmate Mamizu Watarase (Mei Nagano) in the hospital. Mamizu Watarase suffers from the mysterious ailment “Luminescence disease.” People who have the disease show a faint sparkle under the moonlight and the sparkle gets brighter as their death gets closer. Mamizu Watarase is not allowed out of the hospital and she will not live long enough to become an adult. Takuya Okada offers to help her carry out her wishes before she passes away. He also tells her how he feels about her, but Mamizu Watarase’s death is approaching.
- Based on novel "Kimi wa Tsukiyo ni Hikarikagayaku" by Tetsuya Sano (published February 25, 2017 by Kadokawa). Novel is the winner of the 23rd Dengeki Novel Prize
- Filming began October 7, 2018 and finishes November 13, 2018.
- Movie's theme song is "Mitsu no Tsuki -for the film-" by pop band Sekai no Owari.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers