Current user rating: 87/100 (1610 votes)
- Drama: Hero
- Revised romanization: Hieoro
- Hangul: 히어로
- Director: Kim Kyung-Hee, Lee Dong-Yoon
- Writer: Park Ji-Sook
- Network: MBC
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: November 18, 2009 - January 14, 2010
- Runtime: Wed. & Thurs. 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Do-hyeok Jin (Lee Joon-Gi) works as a journalist for a third-rate newspaper. He lost his parents at an early age, after they were involved in a fatal hit and run car accident. Do-hyeok was left with only his older sister Do-hee (Jang Young-Nam). Although Do-hee is older than Do-heyok she is immature and impulsive. Whenever Do-hyeok has money his sister would take his money. Because of his poor financial situation Do-hyeok was unable to attend college. This created a temporary roadblock for Do-hyeok. He always dreamed of becoming a journalist like his father. Do-heyok wanted to work at the prestigious “Daese Ilbo,” but because of his lack of college education he could never work there. Instead Do-hyeok works for the third rate news rag "Monday Seoul". Even though the "Monday Seoul" is several orders lower than the "Daese Ilbo," Do-hyeok works with passion and uses any means necessary to cover a story.
Jae-in Ju (Kim Min-Jung ) lost her father at an early age. Her father died while on duty as a policeman. Since that time, she has wanted to follow her father's footsteps and become a police officer. Jae-in eventually graduated at the top of her class in the police academy. Although she leads the violent crimes division and excels in the martial arts, she prefers to wear pink pajamas at home and is shy around other men. She likes Hae-Seong Kang (Uhm Ki-Joon), who interviewed her for the "Daese Ilbo." Jae-in also was interviewed by Do-hyeok for the "Monday Seoul." She doesn't know what to make of Do-hyeok.
Hae-seong Kang is the highly respected journalist for the “Daese Ilbo.” He currently dates Ho-kyeong Choi (Shin Joo-Ah), the daughter of Il-du Choi (Choi Jung-Woo) - the president of parent company Daese Corporation. Il-du Choi views Ho-kyeong somewhat like his right hand man. Often, Ho-kyeong will spin news stories to favor Il-du and the Daese Corporation. Il-du hopes Hae-seong will one day become his son-in-law. Yet, Hae-seong notices Jae-in and Do-hyeok becoming closer and becomes jealous of Do-hyeok.
One day, Do-hyeok awaits outside of prison to interview former mobster Yong-deok Jo. Yeong-deok used to be the leader of the Twin Ax gang prior to his 15 year jail sentence. On the day of his release the only persons awaiting for him are journalist Do-hyeok and a former underling. Yeong-deok visits his ex-wife who is now re-married. She calls him "trash" and wants nothing to do with him.
Yeong-deok then decides to start his own newspaper with Do-heyok named the "Yeondeok Ilbo".
- "Hero" will take the Wed. & Thurs. 21:55 timeslot after No Limit concludes.
- Actress Han Ji-Min (originally cast as main female character Jae-in Ju) dropped out of the series for personal reasons & was replaced by Kim Min-Jung prior to filming.
- Due to a shoulder injury Kim Min-Jung suffered while filming MBC drama "2009 Alien Baseball Team" and then re-aggravating the injury while rehearsing action scenes for "Hero," Kim Min-Jung had to withdraw from the drama series. In her place, actress Yoon So-Yi will perform as Jae-in Ju.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers