Current user rating: 88/100 (104 votes)
- Movie: Genome Hazard
- Revised romanization: Moomyoungin
- Hangul: 무명인
- Japanese: ゲノムハザード ある天才科学者の5日間
- Director: Kim Sung-Su
- Writer: Shiro Tsukasaki (novel), Kim Sung-Su
- Producer: Hidemi Satani, Lee Geun-Wook, Yang Gwang-Duk
- Cinematographer: Choi Sang-Muk
- World Premiere: October 4, 2013 (Busan International Film Festival)
- Release Date: January 24, 2014 (Japan)
- Runtime: 120 min.
- Language: Japanese, Korean
- Country: Japan, South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Ishigami (Hidetoshi Nishijima) walks into his apartment and finds his wife dead. There's lit candles laid out in the room. Two men then enter the apartment for Ishigami, but he is able to flee the scene.
Ishigami then meets a Korean reporter Kang Ji-Won (Kim Hyo-Jin) who takes an interest in his plight and offers to help him. Ishigami surprises himself by being able to speak Korean and even having vague memories of himself as a Korean. Ishigami quickly learns to not trust his memory, while he attempts to uncover the truth behind his identity.
- Filming began July 6, 2012 in Kobe, Japan.
- Filming ended October 7, 2012.
- Based on novel "Genomu・Hazado" by Shiro Tsukasaki (published April, 1998 by Bungeishunjū Ltd.).
- According to director Kim Sung-Su at a post screening Q&A for movie "Genome Hazard" at the 2013 Busan International Film Festival, actress Kim Hyo-Jin had only three weeks to learn Japanese for her role in the movie.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers