Current user rating: 87/100 (107 votes)
- Movie: Castle Under Fiery Skies
- Romaji: Katen no Shiro
- Japanese: 火天の城
- Director: Mitsutoshi Tanaka
- Writer: Kenichi Yamamoto (novel)
- Release Date: September 12, 2009
- Runtime: 139 min
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
The year is 1575 in feudal Japan. Oda Nobunaga's (Kippei Shiina) forces defeat Takeda Katsuyori, when Nagashino Castle was besieged during the Battle of Nagashino. The next year Oda Nobunada decides to build a lavish new castle symbolizing his unification of various factions. The castle named Azuchi Castle will be built near water and high enough to be seen from the capital city of Kyoto.
- Based on Kenichi Yamamoto's 2004 Novel "Katen no Shiro".
- The movie and novel concerns wood carpenters ordered to construct the Azuichi Castle, built from 1576-1579 on the shores of Lake Biwa in Omi Province, under the supervision of daimyo Oda Nobunaga.
- Location was chosen due its proximity to the capital of Kyoto - could watch and guard approaches to the capital, but distant enough to be immune to the conflicts and fires that occasionally occured in Kyoto.
- Unlike other castles of its days, Azuichi was not built solely for military purposes, but also as a lavish mansion, which would impress and intimidate rival clans.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers