Current user rating: 93/100 (103 votes)
- Movie: A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies
- Romaji: Mari To Koinu No Mongatari
- Japanese: マリと子犬の物語
- Director: Ryuichi Inomata
- Writer: Kota Yamada, Yuki Kiyomoto, Ako Takahashi
- Producer: Hitoshi Endo, Shin Horiguchi, Hisashi Usui
- Release Date: December 8, 2007 (Japan)
- Runtime: 124 Min.
- Studio: NTV
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Yuichi, a village official of Yamakoshi, lives with his old father, Yuzo, his son, Ryota, and his daughter, Aya. One
day a female puppy comes to live with them. They name it Mari. In 2004, Mari bears three puppies. It pleases
the family, but their happiness ends all too soon.
On October 23, a great earthquake destroys the village. Yuzo and
Aya are caught under the fallen pillars, injured and unable to
move. Yuzo expects death when he hears Mari barking in the darkness.
It soon finds Yuzo and Aya, and finally Yuzo and Aya are dug
out and taken away to safety by an army helicopter, but Mari and
her puppies are left behind because human lives are prior to dogs.
Ryota and Aya secretly prepare to go to the village to save Mari
and the three puppies…
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers