Current user rating: 91/100 (103 votes)
- Movie: A Piece of Our Life - Kakera
- Romaji: Kakera
- Japanese: カケラ
- Director: Momoko Ando
- Writer: Momoko Ando (Screenplay), Sakurazawa Erica (Manga)
- Producer: Sakura Momoyama
- Cinematographer: Hirokazu Ishii
- Release Date: April 3, 2010
- Runtime: 107 min.
- Studio: Zero Pictures
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Haru is a college student ignored by her boyfriend yet believes she is still in love with him. One day at a café, Haru meets Riko, a medical artist (prosthetist) who creates body parts in order to disguise clients’ missing pieces, lost due to accident or disease. Both were alone, but struck up an immediate friendship and closeness. Riko doesn't care about gender when it comes to relationships, and believes that love itself is the most important thing a human can achieve. Haru struggles in her life between friendship and a deeper relationship with Riko.
What do we need to find to fill our emptiness? Through two completely different girls, Haru and Riko, this film will give you a clue to find the answer for yourself.
“The moon is full only once a month. Every other day, it's fragmented. But the crescent moon's also beautiful.”
No one is perfect out there. People are always looking for a missing piece to fill their hearts and to complete their lives. - Zero Pictures
- James Iha (Guitarist for The Smashing Pumpkins) wrote the score for the film.
- Momoko Ando said that 80% of the script is original and wasn't taken from the manga
Additional Cast Members: