The Eternal Zero - Eien no Zero
- Movie: The Eternal Zero (literal title)
- Romaji: Eien no Zero
- Japanese: 永遠の0
- Director: Takashi Yamazaki
- Writer: Naoki Hyakuta (novel) Tamio Hayashi
- Release Date: December 21, 2013
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
A young man Kentaro Saeki (Haruma Miura) keeps failing his bar test and does not know what to do any more. His older sister Keiko is a freelance writer. Kentaro and Keiko begin to search for information on their grandfather Kyuzo Miyabe (Junichi Okada) who dead in the special forces during World War II.
Their grandfather Kyuzo Miyabe was terrified of death and obsessed with life. Why did he join the special forces? According to his fellow navy soldiers, Kyuzo Miyabe was a genius and also a coward. Kentaro and Keiko then discovers the shocking truth which has been sealed for 60 years.
- Based on the novel "Eien no Zero" by Naoki Hyakuta (published by Ohta Publishing Company, August 24, 2006).
- Filming takes place from June 12, 2012 - August, 2012. Shooting takes place in Kagoshima, Amami Oshima , Chiba, & Ibaraki, Japan.
- Junichi Okada - Kyuzo Miyabe
- Mao Inoue - Matsuno (Kyuzo Miyabe's wife)
- Haruma Miura - Kentaro Saeki
- Yuichiro Hirose
- Nanaka Yagi