Current user rating: 85/100 (52 votes)
- Movie: Tajomaru
- Romaji: Tajomaru
- Japanese: タジョウマル
- Director: Hiroyuki Nakano
- Writer: Ryunosuke Akutagawa (short story "Yabu no Naka")
- Producer: Mataichiro Yamamoto, Hidemi Satani
- Cinematographer: Takumi Furuya
- Release Date: September 12, 2009
- Runtime: 131 min.
- Genre: Period
- Distributor: Warner Bros.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Set sometime in the late Muromachi period, Naomitsu Hatakeyama (Shun Oguri) is the second son of the distinguished Hatakeyama family. His lifelong friend and and love interest is Ako-hime (Yuki Shibamoto). When Ako-hime's father dies, Yoshimasa Ashikaga (Kenichi Hagiwara) elicits a decree that will forever change their fates.
Soon afterwards, Naomitsu is betrayed by his very own brother Nobutsuna Hatakeyama (Hiroyuki Ikeuchi), who plans to forcibly take Aho-hime for himself. Naomitsu loves Ako-hime so much that he is ready to give up his life and flee into the mountains with Ako-hime. While travelling through the mountains, Naoitsu soon faces another betrayal, this time from retainer Sakuramaru (Kei Tanaka), a man Naomitsu once saved from death and took care of like a brother.
Naomitsu Hatakeyama then comes back as Tajomaru ....
|Shun Oguri||Yuki Shibamoto||Kei Tanaka||Kyosuke Yabe|
|Naomitsu Hatakeyama / Tajomaru||Princess Ako||Sakuramaru||Michikane|
|Hiroyuki Ikeuchi||Hirotaro Honda||Hiroki Matsukata||Kenichi Hagiwara|
|Nobutsuna Hatakeyama||Hidetaka Kuriyama||Kagetoki||Yoshimasa Ashikaga|
Additional Cast Members:
- Yoshiyuki Yamaguchi
- Gou Ayano
- Takamasa Suga
- Masaomi Kondo
- Miho Fujima
- Eugene Nomura
- Toshi Takeuchi
- Mio Miyatake
- Takaki Uda
- Ryuhei Higashiyama
- Takumi Kitamura - Naomitsu Hatakeyama (child)
- Ryoji Nakamura - Sakuramaru's vassal
- 2010 (43rd) Sitges Film Festival - October 7-14 - Official Fantàstic Panorama in compettition