Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~
Current user rating: 92/100 (288 votes)
- Drama: Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~
- Romaji: Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~
- Japanese: 最高の人生の終り方～エンディングプランナー～
- Director: Yasuharu Ishii, Ryutaro Kawashima, Daisuke Yamamuro
- Writer: Chiho Watanabe
- Network: TBS
- Episodes: 10
- Release Date: January 12 - March 15, 2012
- Runtime: Thursdays 21:00 - 21:54
- TV Ratings: 10.9%
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Masato Ihara inherits the family business and, reluctantly, becomes a mortician after his father passes away. He now has to deal with his new job and his estranged family.
26-year-old Masato Ihara (Tomohisa Yamashita) work as the regional manager for a franchise restaurant. Masato's father Kotaro Ihara (Keizo Kanie) runs a family funeral service business and works as a mortician there. Masato Ihara has 4 siblings and he is the second eldest son. Since an early age, Masato had a dislike for his father's business. When he graduated from college, he left home and rarely visited. Masato was relieved that his older brother Kento Ihara (Takashi Sorimachi) wanted to take over the family's business.
One day, Masato sees a woman walking towards the end of a subway platform. Masato thinks that she is about to kill herself and grabs her arm. He tells her that someday you will remember today and think about how better it is that it didn't happen. That night, he has a group meeting and a woman comes in late. Masato is surprised to see that the person is the woman he saved at the subway station platform that morning. The woman's name is Yuki Sakamaki (Nana Eikura) and she works as a detective. They have an enjoyable meeting and, afterwards, sit together on a bench outside. Yuki tells him that she did not intend to kill herself. Rather, she was just mourning someone who died there. Then she walks away.
Next morning at work, Masato hears news that Manager Hayashida jumped off a building. Masato remembers that the other day, he fussed at Hayashida to increase profits at his restaurant. Masato's boss tells him that he shouldn't visit Hayashida at the hospital. The reasoning being that Masato just followed procedure and that the company has nothing to do with Hayashida jumping off the building. Making matters even worse, Masato receives a phone call that his father fell off a ladder and is now in critical condition. Masato goes to the hospital. When he gets there, his father says that they should close the family funeral service business and then dies.
Masato and his 3 siblings take their dead father home. They still don't know where their oldest Kento is. Masato and his siblings talk about how to hold their father's funeral and they decide to conduct the funeral service themselves. Masato watches a funeral service video and memorizes the steps. They then conduct their father's service and they also decide to close their family business.
Meanwhile, Masato still feels guilty about Hayashida and goes to the hospital to visit him. Masato sees Hayashida die at the hospital. He then decides to conduct Hayashida's funeral, before their family funeral service business closes ...
|Tomohisa Yamashita||Nana Eikura||Atsuko Maeda||Yuri Chinen||Ito Ono|
|Masato Ihara||Yuki Sakamaki||Haruka Ihara||Hayato Ihara||Momoko Ihara|
|Kensei Mikami||Kohei Otomo||Keizo Kanie||Takashi Sorimachi||Tsutomu Yamazaki|
|Jun Nagamine||Eisuke Tanaka||Kotaro Ihara||Kento Ihara||Itsuo Iwata|
Additional Cast Members:
- Mami Hashimoto - Yayoi Murauchi
- Rei Okamoto - Kanako Mizuno
- Kiriko Isono - Yuko Kagawa
- Masaya Kikawada - Itaruhou Kawahara
- Sansei Shiomi - Yoshio Kinohara
- Osamu Shitara - Eiji Nagata (ep.1)
- Kazuko Yoshiyuki - Mitsue Nagata (ep.1)
- Kanata Fujimoto - Tomoya (ep.1)
- Ichirota Miyagawa - Hayashida (ep.1)
- Anne Watanabe - Rena Tanizawa (ep.2)
- Yuta Tamamori - Yoichiro Kuraki (ep.2)
- Ryuta Mine - Keiji Sato (ep.2)
- Mitsuko Kusabue - Sumiko Kagawa (ep.3)
- Yasuyuki Maekawa - Takai Yoshihiko (ep.3)
- Masahiro Kohama - Tadashi Kagawa (ep.3)
- Sho Aikawa - Hideki Okabe (ep.4)
- Shion Sato - young Hideki Okabe (ep.4)
- Mantaro Koichi - Takeshi Okabe (ep.4)
- Junkichi Orimoto - Keisuke Okabe (ep.4)
- Taro Suruga - Sota Ichinose (ep.3-4)
- Kazuma Suzuki - Kota Oikawa (ep.5)
- Airi Taira (TBS / 2012) - Erika (ep.5)
- Raita Ryu - Kozo Shiroi (ep.7)
- Jun Matsumoto - Midori Murauchi (ep.7)
Source: Video Research, Ltd.