SPEC ~ First Blood
Current user rating: 95/100 (247 votes)
- Drama: SPEC ~ First Blood
- Romaji: SPEC ~ Keishichou Kouanbu Kouan Daigoka Mishou Jiken Tokubetsu Taisakugakari Jikenbo
- Japanese: SPEC（スペック） ～警視庁公安部公安第五課 未詳事件特別対策係事件簿
- Director: Yukihiko Tsutsumi, Natsuki Imai, Fuminori Kaneko, Arata Kato
- Writer: Yumie Nishiogi
- Network: TBS
- Episodes: 10
- Release Date: October 8 - December 17, 2010
- Runtime: Fridays 22:00
- TV Ratings: 10.5%
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department has set up a special department named Mishou (Unidentified Crimes Unit) for hard to crack cases without evidence, witnesses, or involving special organizations. These cases are beyond the scope of Keizoku (First Investigative Division’s Unsolved Crimes Unit).
The section chief for Mishou is Kotaro Nonomura (Raita Ryu). He is a senior in age with a dignified look, so usually nobody blames him even though his answers are evasive. Working for Kotaro Nonomura are two problematic police officers with excellant police skills, who were transferred to Mishou for bad behavior.
Saya Toma (Erika Toda) is a young woman with an IQ of 201. With her amazing intellect she became part of the faculty at the Department of Science at Kyoto University without schooling. Saya Toma also researched the X-Files at the FBI in the US. Because of her genius like intellect she often treats her superiors in a condenscending manner. Saya Toma is also a tough woman who is more than able to defend herself in physical confrontations. She has been with Mishou for one year. When she first joined Moishou she hurt her arm in a fight with criminals and has worn cast since.
Takeru Sebumi (Ryo Kase) is an excellant career detective. He was picked for the Metropolitan Police Department's SIT unit and became platoon leader by the young age of 27. He is also highly skilled with guns and the martial arts. Because of an incident with a subordinate, Takeru Sebumi was pushed out to Mishou. Takeru Sebumi also doesn't trust Saya Toma.
Saya Toma & Takeru Sebumi work on cases for Mishou first by postulating the "SPEC" of the unknown criminals. They then deduce the criminal's unknown "SPEC" and use this information to trap the criminals.
- "SPEC ~ First Blood" is a sequel to the 1999 drama "Unsolved Cases" (Keizoku).
- Actress Erika Toda will wear virtually no make up for her role as Saya Toma. Actor Ryo Kase cut his hair shorter for the role of Takeru Sebumi.
- First scene shot for the drama took place in a hotel in Kisarazu, Chiba Prefecture. Takeru Sebumi, holding a mysterious paper bag, warns Saya Toma, who is dragging a suitcase, where the accident took pace.
- Related titles (drama series/specials):
- Related titles (movies):
|Erika Toda||Ryo Kase||Raita Ryu||Kasumi Arimura||Ryunosuke Kamiki|
|Saya Toma||Takeru Sebumi||Kotaro Nonomura||Miyabi Masaki||Juichi Ninomae|
|Saki Fukuda||Tetsushi Tanaka||Yu Tokui||Kohki Okada||Kazuyuki Matsuzawa|
|Mirei Shimura||Toshiaki Reizei||Akio Kondo||Kaoru Baba||Ayumu Shikahama|
|Ryuji Sainei||Yuu Shirota||Ken Yasuda||Kippei Shiina||Takeshi Ito|
|Souji Inomada||Satoshi Chii||Ryota Unno||Sukehiro Tsuda||Yusaku Shimura|
Additional Cast Members:
Source: Video Research, Ltd.