Red Cliff 2
Current user rating: 92/100 (43 votes)
- Movie: Red Cliff 2 / Red Cliff: The Decisive Battle
- Chinese: 赤壁（下）(Chi bi: Xia - Jue zhan tian xia)
- Director: John Woo
- Writer: Guanzhong Luo, John Woo, Khan Chan, Cheng Kuo, Heyu Sheng
- Producer: Terence Chang, Masato Matsuura, John Woo
- Cinematography: Yue Lu
- Release Date: January 7, 2009
- Language: Mandarin
- Country: China
Bitter over an unforeseen defeat to rival states Shu and Wu, Cao Cao (Fengyi Zhang) of the Wei Kingdom is confident that his million-man fleet will crush the under-manned alliance once and for all.
An epidemic and seasickness cripple Cao Cao's men, however, postponing D-day. Gen. Zhou Yu (Tony Leung Chiu Wai) and strategist Zhuge Liang (Takeshi Kaneshiro) take the time to demoralize their enemy, and trick Cao Cao into practically giving them 100,000 arrows and even beheading his top generals.
Nevertheless, the allies are still seriously outnumbered and can only increase their chances of winning by attacking with fire. A northwester, however, compromises their plan, as the flames would blow back in their direction. Zhuge Liang, foreseeing an astronomical movement that will change the circumstances, urges the allies to postpone the attack. Meanwhile, Xiao Qiao (Chiling Lin), Zhou Yu's beautiful wife whom Cao Cao lusts after, heads to the enemy line with a plan of her own.
- "Red Cliff 2" is based on the epic "Battle of Red Cliffs" in 208 AD (China's Three Kingdom period).
- Related titles:
- Red Cliff (2008)
- Tony Leung Chiu Wai - Zhou Yu
- Takeshi Kaneshiro - Zhuge Liang
- Chen Chang - Sun Quan
- Shido Nakamura - Gan Ning
- Chiling Lin - Xiao Qiao
- Fengyi Zhang - Cao Cao
- Wei Zhao - Sun Shangxiang
- Jun Hu - Zhao Yun
- Jingchu Zhang