Current user rating: 65/100 (2 votes)
- Movie: Freezing Point
- Romaji: Hyoten
- Japanese: 氷点
- Director: Satsuo Yamamoto
- Writer: Ayako Miura (novel), Yoko Mizuki
- Cinematographer: Yoshihisa Nakagawa
- Release Date: March 26, 1966
- Runtime: 96 min.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Keizo Tsujiguchi believes his wife Natsue was having an extramarital affair when their child was kidnapped and killed. He believes of her extramarital affair she was unable to watch over their child properly and blames her for their daughter's death. To exact revenge on his wife, he then adopts the killer's child without telling the truth to his wife or their newly adopted child.
- "Freezing Point" (Hyoten) is based on the best selling novel by Miura Ayako.
- The novel "Freezing Point" (Hyoten) was Miura Ayako's first novel (published in 1964) and won the Asahi Shimbun's Ten Million Yen Award.
- Miura Ayako said the title "Freezing Point" refers to the sin nature that is inherent in all human hearts.
- Related titles:
- Freezing Point (1966)
- Freezing Point 2001 (TV Asahi / 2001)
- Freezing Point | Bing Jeom (MBC / 2004-2005)
- Freezing Point (TV Asahi / 2006)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers