Current user rating: 94/100 (163 votes)
- Movie: FLOWERS
- Romaji: FLOWERS
- Japanese: フラワーズ
- Director: Norihiro Koizumi
- Writer: Shu Fujimoto, Yuiko Miura
- Producer: Takayuki Amano , Yusuke Iijima, Kinya Yagi
- Cinematographer: Taishi Hirokawa
- Release Date: June 12, 2010
- Runtime: 110 min.
- Genre: Drama / Women
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
"FLOWERS" covers the lives of six woman whose lives span a period of three generations (from the Show period all the way through to the present day).
Starting in the 1930's, Rin (Yu Aoi) is worried about her arranged marriage that her parents setup. Eventually Rin has three daughters: Kaoru (Yuko Takeuchi) - who tragically loses her husband in a car accident, Midori (Rena Tanaka) - a career woman who becomes shaken by a marriage proposal, and youngest child Sato (Yukie Nakama). In the 1960's Sato gives birth to Kanna (Kyoka Suzuki) and Kei (Ryoko Hirosue). In the present day, Kanna is now worried about becoming a single mother.
The lives of these woman are portrayed with beauty and grace.
- Planning for "FLOWERS" began in 2008.
- All six of the main actresses previously starred in Shiseido's popular Tsubaki commercials.
- Filming took place between April and September, 2009. Filming locations include places all over Japan.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers