Current user rating: 95/100 (601 votes)
- Movie: Beck
- Romaji: Beck
- Japanese: Beck
- Director: Yukihiko Tsutsumi
- Writer: Harold Sakuishi (manga), Tetsuya Oishi
- Producer: Suketsuku Noda, Shosaku Ohyama, Hiroyasu Murakami, Hiroyasu Asami, Naoki Kitagawa
- Cinematographer: Satoru Karasawa
- Release Date: September 4, 2010
- Runtime: 145 min.
- Genre: Youth / Music
- Studio: Shochiku
- Distributor: Shochiku
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Maho Minami (Shiori Kutsuna) returns to Japan after studying in New York. Her half brother Ryusuke Minami (Hiro Mizushima) is an ultra talented guitarist. Maho & Ryosuke then meet Koyuki (Takeru Satoh ), a fellow young teen whom Maho takes interest in. Soon enough, Ryosuke and Koyuki form a 5 piece rock band named "Beck," while Maho and Koyuki become involved in a romantic relationship.
The band starts to play live shows and grow an enthusiastic following. The release of their debut CD helps to further the band's popularity. People start to notice Koyuki. The band then endures a producer's planned conspiracy and other hardships. Beck then receives an offer to play at a rock festival, but with the unusual stipulation that the band may have to dissolve ...
- Based on Harold Sakuishi's manga "Beck" which was published by Kodansha in Monthly Shōnen Magazine from 1999 through 2008.
- TV Tokyo also aired an animation series of "Beck" in 2004-2005.
- Shiori Kutsuna, who was raised in Australia, stated she felt an immediate bond with "Maho Minami" after reading the script due to her upbringing in another country and other character similarities.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers