Current user rating: 90/100 (168 votes)
- Movie: Bandage
- Romaji: Bandeiji
- Japanese: バンテイジ
- Director: Takeshi Kobayashi
- Writer: Shunji Iwai (Screenplay), Chika Kan (Novel)
- Producer: Shunji Iwai
- Cinematographer Shinichi Tsunoda
- Release Date: January 16, 2010
- Runtime: 119 Min.
- Genre: Drama / Music / Youth / Period-1990 / Award Winning
- Production Company: NTV, Toho, J Storm
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Set in Japan in the early 1990s, there's one rising band called LANDS, that is starting to find success amidst a flood of other bands.
Asako and Miharu are two Tokyo high school students. When Miharu gives Asako her favorite indie rock band; a LANDS CD, she becomes an overnight fan and sets her heart on the talented guitarist Yukiya.
When they go to see them in concert, they sneak their way into the backstage area and Asako gets acquainted with some of the band's members. Natsu, the vocalist, is immediately attracted to Asako and begins bringing her along to the band's practice sessions. Though Asako enjoys it, she proves to be a distraction to the other band members and is soon ejected from the session by Yukari, their manager. But Natsu is determined to keep her around, pulling strings to make Yukari and Asako to become friends, and eventually, helping Asako to become LANDS assistant manager.
LANDS was formed among friends, but as the band begins to climb the ladder towards major stardom, they get in touch with the dark side of the music industry, discord surfaces, inevitable frictions emerge, and unrequited love strains their friendship, threatening to pull their bonds apart.
- LANDS (Jin Akanishi and Takeshi Kobayashi) have ranked in #1 in the Oricon ranking with the album OLYMPOS (released on January 13). This is LANDS 2nd consecutive #1 after the first single called BANDAGE, which was released in November 25 last year. The only other time in history that an album released in the name of a movie character was placed in 1st place, topping the Oricon charts was in October of 1996, when the band YENTOWN in Shunji Iwai's directed film Swallowtail Butterfly released an album called MONTAGE.
- LANDS had their first and last concert on January 19th, called "LANDS LAST LIVE".
- Movie distributor Toho revealed that on November 26th that Bandage sold a whopping 70,000 advanced tickets on its first day of availability - setting a live action film record. In comparison, "Gokusen: The Movie" sold 25,000 advanced tickets on its first day of availability and "20th Century Boys 1: Beginning of the End" sold 2,500 advance tickets.
- The pre-screening of the movie was on November 2nd, 2009 at the Tokyo International Forum.
- On Czech Republic, it got a PG-14 rating.
|Jin Akanishi||Kie Kitano||Kengo Kora||Yuki Shibamoto|
|Natsu Takasugi||Asako Suzuki||Yukiya Nagato||Arumi Suzuhata|
|Hideyuki Kasahara||Nobuaki Kaneko||Anne Watanabe||Ayumi Ito|
|Kenji Yamane||Ryuji||Miharu||Nobuko Yukari|
Additional Cast Members:
- Kazuo Zaitsu
- Yoshiyuki Ishizuka
- Mayu Kitaki
- Yoshimasa Kondo as Kokubo
- Hatsunori Hasegawa
- Yuki Saito
- Sogen Tanaka
- Kazuma Suzuki Toda (Long Run Records employee)
- Toru Kizu
- 2010 (12th) Udine Far East Film - April 23th-May 1st (Italian Premiere)
- 2010 (50th) Zlin film festival - June 4th (Czech Republic Premiere)
Awards & Nominations
- 2010 (12th) Udine Far East Film - April 23-May 1
- "My Movies Audience Award"
- 2010 (23rd) Nikkan Sports Film Awards - December 28, 2010
- "Fan Award (Japanese Movie)"
- 35th Hochi Film Awards 4 Nominations.