Current user rating: 89/100 (108 votes)
- Movie: Wasao
- Romaji: Wasao
- Japanese: わさお
- Director: Yoshinari Nishikori
- Writer: Hirotoshi Kobayashi
- Cinematographer: Hiro Yanagida
- Release Date: March 5, 2011
- Runtime: 116 min.
- Distributor: Toei
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
A big furry white Akita arrives wonders into the town of Ajigasawa, Aomori - within view of the Shirakami Mountain Range. The dog is tired and in fact has travelled all the way from Tokyo to find its owner. The Akita dog then runs into Setsuko Kikuya (Hiroko Yakushimaru), the owner of a squid restaurant. The dog doesn't seem to follow anybody and has a habit of appearing and disappearing.
Through several cases likes the Nebutsu Festival & the Ajigasawa Triathlon Event, the relationship between Tetsuko and the Akita dog becomes closer ...
- Movie is based on the true story of an abandoned Akita dog named "Leo" - found by his new owner in Ajigasawa, Aomori, Japan (August, 2007).
- In the spring of 2008, the dog was introduced to traveller's blog (http://d.hatena.ne.jp/mereco/20080526/p1) as "Wasao" and gained instant popularity. The dog would subsequently appear on TV over 50 times (including NTV's "Genius! Shimura Zoo"), 30 magazines, and sell over a million copies of its own photobook.
- In June, 2010 Wasao was named a special travel ambassador of the town of Ajigasawa, Aomori, Japan.
The media player is loading...
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers