Current user rating: 87/100 (145 votes)
- Movie: Time Trip App (English title) / Late Edo Period High School Student (literal title)
- Romaji: Bakumatsu Kokosei
- Japanese: 幕末高校生
- Director: Toshio Lee
- Writer: Taku Mayumura (original novel), Atsuko Hashibe
- Producer: Yoshihiro Suzuki, Kaoru Matsuzaki, Kazuma Kuryu, Noriko Koyanagi
- Cinematographer: Osamu Fujiishi
- World Premiere: July 18, 2014 (PiFan)
- Release Date: July 26, 2014
- Runtime: 108 min.
- Genre: Drama / Sci-Fi / Time Travel
- Distributor: Toei
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
In 1868, a battle between new government forces and shogunate forces are about to take place in Edo. Katsu Kaishu (Hiroshi Tamaki) wants to avoid useless bloodshed and sends a peace envoy to Takamori Saigō, but Katsu Kaishu is unable to get a response from Takamori Saigō. One day, Katsu Kaishu meets high school teacher Mikako (Satomi Ishihara) and her student Masaya who is captivated by the shogunate. Mikako and her student Masaya tells Katsu Kaishu that they are from the future. Katsu Kaishu takes care of Mikako and her student Masaya, while Mikako hopes to go back to the future where she came from.
- Movie is inspired by drama series "Bakumatsu Kokosei," which aired on Fuji TV from January 15, 1994 to February 12, 1994. Drama series is based on the story "Nagori no Yuki" by Taku Mayumura.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers
[[Category:2014 Toei distributed films[[