Current user rating: 94/100 (102 votes)
- TV Movie: Person Who Loves The Sun: 1964 The Day's Paralympic (literal tite)
- Romaji: Taiyo wo Ai Shita Hito: 1964 Ano Hi no Pararinpikku
- Japanese: 太陽を愛したひと ～1964 あの日のパラリンピック～
- Director: Akimitsu Sasaki
- Writer: Yoshihiro Saegusa (manga), Masahiro Yamaura
- Network: NHK
- Episodes: 1
- Release Date: Summer, 2018
- Runtime: 22:00-23:10
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
In 1960, Yutaka Nakamura (Osamu Mukai) works as an orthopedist in Japan. He travels overseas for a few months to research rehabilitation techniques. In Britain, Yutaka Nakamura learns about using organized physical activities to help disabled people. This changes his life.
Yutaka Nakamura goes back to Japan. He tries to spread the idea of using sports as part of a rehabilitation process for disabled people, but it's not easy. One day, he meets a boy. Due to the boy, he slowly spreads the idea of wheelchair basketball. A mission is then given to him. The mission is to hold the first Tokyo Paralympic Games. Yutaka Nakamura faces opposition from the families of disabled people and from society in general.
- Based on manga "Taiyo no Chugen-tachi yo: Shintai Shogaisha to Aru Ishi no Chosen" by Yoshihiro Saegusa (first published June 14, 1994 by Kodansha).
- Manga is based on true story of Yutaka Nakamura.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers