- Drama: Red Sky / Hong Cheon-Ki
- Revised romanization: Hongcheonki
- Hangul: 홍천기
- Director: Jang Tae-Yoo
- Writer: Jung Eun-Gwol (novel), Ha Eun
- Network: SBS
- Release Date: August, 2021 --
- Runtime: Mon & Tue 22:00
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set during the Joseon era, Hong Cheon-Ki (Kim You-Jung) is a female painter with genius like painting talent. She is picked as the first female painter of the Dohwaseo (Korean Royal Academy of Painting). Hong Cheon-Ki also has a beautiful appearance and bright personality. For her, painting is everything. One day, she meets Ha Ram.
Ha Ram (Ahn Hyo-Seop) is an officer at the Seowoongwan, an office in charge of astronomy, geography, art of divination, meteorology. When he was young, an accident caused him to become blind.
Hong Cheon-Ki falls in love with him and she does not care that he is blind. Hong Cheon-Ki keeps appearing in front of Ha Ram and he finds himself waiting for her.
- "Red Sky" takes over the SBS Monday & Tuesday 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Racket Boys."
- Based on 2 volumes of novel "Hong Cheon-Ki" by Jung Eun-Gwol (both published December, 2016 by Paran Media). Title character Hong Cheon-Ki is a real historical figure, while the novel mixes fact and fiction in its story.
- First script reading took place November, 2020.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers