Current user rating: 86/100 (93 votes)
- Movie: Phone
- Revised romanization: Pon
- Hangul: 폰
- Director: Ahn Byung-Ki
- Assistant Director: Jung Jong-Hoon
- Writer: Ahn Byung-Ki, Lee Yoo-Jin
- Producer: Kim Yong-Dae, Baek Seon-Hee
- Cinematographer: Moon Yong-Sik
- Release Date: July 26, 2002
- Runtime: 104 min
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Investigative reporter Ji-won, who has recently published a controversial article about sex scandals, begins to receive a series of menacing calls. In an effort to escape the terrifying and relentless clanging of the telephone, she changes her number and moves to a new house. But the threatening campaign of terror continues unabated...the jangling of the phone fraying nerves and disrupting lives.
When a friend’s young daughter answers one of the calls, she begins to exhibit increasingly bizarre and abhorrent behavior as more and more people begin to die mysteriously. Ji-won struggles desperately to unravel the mystery to bring this cycle of death to an end.
- On Dec. 3rd it was announced that a remake of "Phone" will be made with Hollywood Imprint Entertainment (responsible for the Twilight series) & Korean companies Miro Vision & Toilet Pictures. The remake will be directed by the original Korean director Ahn Byeong-Ki. The re-written American scenario is almost complete and they hope to start filming in late 2010 with the goal of releasing the film in early 2011.
- Related titles:
- Phone (2011)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers