Current user rating: 93/100 (9 votes)
- Movie: Peaceful Death (English title) / How to Die Without Pain (literal title)
- Romaji: Itakunai Shinikata
- Japanese: 痛くない死に方
- Director: Banmei Takahashi
- Writer: Kazuhiro Nagao (novel), Banmei Takahashi
- Producer: Keijo Miruta, Ryo Kanzaki, Ryoji Kobayashi
- Cinematographer: Tetsuo Imai
- Release Date: February, 2021
- Runtime: 112 min.
- Distributor: Shibuya Productions
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Jin Kawada (Tasuku Emoto) is a doctor, who provides home medical care. He is very busy with his work and has little time left to spend with his family. Jin begins to treat terminal lung cancer patient Toshio (Shiro). Toshio's daughter Tomomi (Maki Sakai) wants her father to live the rest of what little time he has left without pain, rather than receive prolongation treatment with pain in the hospital. One day, Tomomi calls Jin for help when her father's condition worsens, but Jin advises her to just follow his instructions. Toshio dies in pain, which is what his daughter wanted to avoid. Tomomi blames herself in front of Jin Kawada and wonders if she should have kept her father at the hospital.
Meanwhile, Jin Kawada turns to Dr. Kohei Nagano (Eiji Okuda) for advice on his treatment of Toshio. Doctor Kohei tells him that Toshio probably had a secondary condition that led to his death and believes Jin Kawada should have checked Toshio himself. Jin Kawada blames himself for his misdiagnosis.
Jin Kawada begins to learn under Kohei Nagano the differences between treatment at a hospital and a home physician. Two years later, Jin Kawada treats Akira (Ryudo Uzaki), who has terminal lung cancer. This time, he deals with his patient in a completely different manner.
- Based on Kazuhiro Nagao’s novels "Itakunai Shinikata" and “Itai Zaitakui” (published December 22, 2016 by Bookmansha & published December 21, 2017 by Bookmansha).
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers