Current user rating: 86/100 (90 votes)
- Movie: Innocence
- Revised romanization: Kyeolbaek
- Hangul: 결백
- Director: Park Sang-Hyun
- Writer: Park Sang-Hyun
- Producer: Park Joon, Yoon Ki-Ho, Park Sung-Il
- Cinematographer: Yoo Il-Seung
- Release Date: June 10, 2020
- Runtime: 110 min.
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
At the funeral for Hwa-Ja’s (Bae Jong-Ok) husband, attendee Mayor Choo (Heo Jun-Ho) and his party begin to vomit and collapse after drinking makgeolli. Mayor Choo survives, but some in his party die. Evidence seem to indicate Hwa-Ja as the culprit who poisoned the drink, but Hwa-Ja has Alzheimer's disease.
Meanwhile, Hwa-Ja’s daughter Jung-In (Shin Hye-Sun) works as a lawyer at a big law firm in Seoul. In her past, she suffered from physical violence from her father and left her hometown. She is a now a successful lawyer. Jung-In then sees her mother Hwa-Ja on the TV news. She returns to her hometown. When she gets there, her mother Hwa-Ja does not recognize her or her younger autistic brother Jung-Soo (Hong Kyung). Jung-In takes up her mother's case. She senses the truth is buried in her mother's case and she is sure her mother is innocent.
- Movie is inspired by a a real life incident. On July 14, 2015, a group of elderly women were found ill at village hall in Sangju, North Gyeongsang Province after drinking a soda laced with pesticide. 2 of the women died. Police arrested a woman in her 80's and sentenced her to life imprisonment.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers