- Movie: Hero (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Youngwoong
- Hangul: 영웅
- Director: Yoon Je-Kyun
- Release Date: Summer, 2020
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
An Jung-Geun (Jung Sung-Hwa) is a fighter for the Korean independence movement. Seol-Hee (Kim Go-Eun) used to be a court lady for Queen Myeongseong, but, after Queen Myseongseong was assassinated by the Japanese, Seol-Hee takes part in Korean independence activity. She becomes a geisha and gains the favor Hirobumi Ito, who is the Japanese Resident-General of Korea. He travels to Manchuria and Seol-Hee accompanies him. Korean independence fighter An Jung-Geun learns of Hirobumi Ito's travel plans from Seoul-Hee. An Jung-Geun decides to assassinate Hirobumi Ito for the Korean independence movement.
- Movie is based on musical “Youngwoong.” The musical was first performed on October 26, 2009. Jung Sung-Hwa plays An Jung-Geun in the original musical and the movie version.
- The lead female character Seol-Hee is fictional, but An Jung-Geun and Hirobumi Ito were real people and the assassination of Hirobumi Ito by An Jung-Geun took place October 26, 1909.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers