Current user rating: 86/100 (51 votes)
- Movie: Goodbye Mom (English title) / Aeja (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Aeja
- Hangul: 애자
- Director: Jung Ki-Hun
- Assistant Director: Jung Se-Kyo
- Writer: Jung Ki-Hun, Yoon Ae-Ri (original story)
- Producer: Kim Sang-Min
- Cinematographer: Park Yong-Soo
- Release Date: September 9, 2009
- Runtime: 110 min.
- Genre: Drama
- Distributor: Synergy
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Aeja (Choi Gang-Hee) was once a promising student. Not only did she do well in school, she also loved to write poetry on rainy days & also possessed excellent fighting skills. Her dream was to become a novelist and a few years later she moved to Seoul to fulfill those dreams.
Aeja is now 29 years old and has not achieved any of the success she has hoped for. Her only accomplishment to date is winning an award from a local newspaper organziation. Meanwhile, Aeja's personal life is not much better off. Her boyfriend cheated on her and eventually ran off leaving behind large amounts of debt. Aeja was nearly pushed to the edge, but then channels her energy into a writing contest that offers a large reward.
While writing for the contest Aeja receives a message from her mother asking her to come back to Busan for her brother's wedding. Aeja's mother has always been tough on her and when she goes back to Busan her mother treats her no different. Then one day, Aeja's mother suddenly collapses and her world starts shaking from the seams.
- "Aeja" opened #1 at the box office taking in a total of 301,818 viewers over its opening weekend and 389,409 over its first 5 day period. The film screened on a total 428 screens and accounted for 22.6% of all tickets sold during its opening weekend weekend.
- Through its theatrical run "Aeja" sold a total of 1,904,713 tickets and stayed in the weekend top ten for 7 consecutive weeks.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers