Current user rating: 92/100 (551 votes)
- Drama: Cursed in Love (English title) / We Are Not Ourselves (literal title)
- Romaji: Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteiru
- Japanese: 私たちはどうかしている
- Director: Naoko Komuro, Ryuichi Inomata, Hiroto Akashi, Itaru Mizuno
- Writer: Natsumi Ando (manga), Rin Eto
- Network: NTV
- Episodes: 8
- Release Date: August 12 - September 30, 2020
- Runtime: Wednesday 22:00-23:00
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
When Nao was 6-years-old, her mother worked at a wagashi (traditional Japanese confectionary) shop that has been open for 400 years. Nao and her single mother lived at the wagashi shop. Meanwhile, Tsubaki was also 6-years-old at that time. His father runs the wagashi shop and he is friends with Nao. One morning, Tsubaki's father is found dead and covered in blood. He was stabbed to death. Based on Tsubaki's testimony, Nao's mother is arrested for the murder and Nao is kicked out of the wagashi shop.
15 years later, Nao (Minami Hamabe) and Tsubaki (Ryusei Yokohama) meet again at a wagashi competition. Nao recognizes Tsubaki, but Tsubaki does not recognize her. Nao hates Tsubaki. She believes he is the cause of her mother being falsely accused of murder and her death that occurred during the investigation. Tsubaki, unaware of Nao's identity, becomes interested in her. Wanting to break off a family arranged marriage, Tsubaki proposes to Nao. For Nao, she has an opportunity to become a part of his family and finally prove her mother's innocence.
- "Cursed in Love" takes over NTV's Wednesday 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "The Pride of the Temp" and followed by "RemoteLove" on October 14, 2020.
- Based on manga series "Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteiru" by Natsumi Ando (first published December 1, 2016 in manga magazine BE・LOVE).
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers