Current user rating: 88/100 (230 votes)
"Closer to Heaven" tells the love story between Jong-Woo (Kim Myung-Min) and Ji-Soo (Ha Ji-Won). Although Jong-Woo suffers from Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease), he is still a bright and cheerful person. Ji-Soo works as a co-ordinator in a funeral home. She deals with death everyday and doesn't think twice about Jong-woo's disease. The couple then falls in love.
- Filming period: 10 February to 25 May 2009.
- [[[Park Jin-Pyo]] previously directed You Are My Sunshine, a love story that involved a woman with AIDS.
- Kwon Sang-Woo was originally cast for the role of Jong-Woo, but backed out. Kim Myeong-Min took over.
- Actor Kim Myung-Min lost 20 kilograms (44 pounds) to play the role of a man afflicted with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- "Closer to Heaven" opened #1 at the South Korean box office selling 292,379 tickets on 546 screens (37.4% of all ticket sales) during its opening September 25th - September 27th weekend.
- Through its theatrical run "Closer to Heaven" sold a total of 2,146,243 tickets and stayed in the weekend top ten for 4 consecutive weeks.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers