Current user rating: 92/100 (121 votes)
- Drama: Alibi Breaker (English title) / Providing Alibi Cracking (literal title)
- Romaji: Alibi Kuzushi Uketamawarimasu
- Japanese: アリバイ崩し承ります
- Director: Hayato Kawai, Kazunari Hoshino
- Writer: Seiichiro Oyama (novel), Yoshihiro Izumi
- Network: TV Asahi
- Episodes: 7
- Release Date: February 1 - March 14, 2020
- Runtime: Saturday 23:15-24:05
- TV Ratings: 4.7%
- Genre: Mystery
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Tokino Mitani (Minami Hamabe) runs a watch shop, located on a street far from the downtown area. She is 20-years-old and inherited the watch shop from her grandfather. Unknown to most, she is also an excellent private detective and offers an alibi cracking service. She can crack someone's false alibi by using logic based on time and a watch. She gets payed 5,000 yen for that service.
Yoshiyuki Saji (Ken Yasuda) used to be an elite police officer, but he tried to uncover corruption within the police department. This caused Yoshiyuki Saji to receive a demotion to a police station in a rural city. He moves alone there, leaving behind his wife and child. He lives at a boarding house, where Tokino Mitani lives. Yoshiyuki Saji does not get along with the other detectives there. He struggles to solve a case and he hears about Tokino Mitani's ability as an alibi cracker. He doesn't want to ask for her help, because of his pride as a police officer, but he requests her help on a case.
- "Alibi Breaker" takes over TV Asahi's Saturday 23:15 time slot previously occupied by "Ossan's Love: In The Sky" and followed by "M: Beloved One" on April 18, 2020.
- Based on novel "Alibi Kuzushi Uketamawarimasu" by Seiichiro Oyama (published September 7, 2018 by Jitsugyo no Nihon Sha).
Additional Cast Members:
Source: Video Research, Ltd.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers
|* Yukino Kishii & Minami Hamabe cast in movie "Yagate Umi e to Todoku"
|* Etsushi Toyokawa & Tomoya Nakamura cast in Amazon drama "No Activity"
|* Im Si-Wan, Ko Ah-Sung cast in Wavve drama "Tracer"
|* Bae Suzy, Jung Eun-Chae cast in Coupang Play drama "Anna"
|* Ryoma Takeuchi, Ayami Nakajo cast in Hulu drama "Love You as the World Ends"
|* Seo Hyun-Jin, Hwang In-Yeop cast in SBS drama "Why Oh Soo-Jae?"
|* Moon Geun-Young, Jo Han-Sun cast in KBS2 drama "Memories of Hae-Gak"
|* Riku Hagiwara, Yusei Yagi cast in MBS drama "Utsukushii Kare"
|* Kim Jae-Wook & Krystal cast in KBS2 drama "Crazy Love"
|* Lee Byung-Hun, Shin Min-A cast in drama "Our Blues"
|* Ryunosuke Kamiki cast in WOWO drama "Ryunosuke Kamiki's Filming Break"
|* Lim Soo-Hyang & Sung Hoon cast in drama "From Today We Are"
|* Lee Joon-Gi, Lee Kyoung-Young cast in SBS drama "Again My life"
|* Ji Chang-Wook, Sung Dong-Il cast in drama "If You Say Wish"
|* Lee Da-Hee, Cha Eun-Woo cast in OCN drama "Island"