Current user rating: 93/100 (40 votes)
- Movie: Tokyo Tower: Mom and Me, and Sometimes Dad
- Romaji: Tokyo Tawa: Okan to Boku to, Tokidoki, Oton
- Japanese: 東京タワー オカンとボクと、時々、オトン
- Director: Joji Matsuoka
- Writer: Lily Franky (novel), Suzuki Matsuo (screenplay)
- Producer: Kanji Miura, Genichi Miwa
- Cinematographer: Norimichi Kasamatsu
- Release Date: April 14, 2007
- Runtime: 142 min.
- Production Company: Shochiku, NTV
- Distributor: Shochiku
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
For Masaya, the last happy memory with his parents together, is his hopelessly drunk Dad forcing him to eat yakitori chicken
bars… and being hit by Mom… Masaya was 3 years old at that time.
Mom and Masaya left Dad and started living in a town famous for coal mining. Mom worked in her sister’s small diner and raised
Masaya by herself. The life was peaceful there, free from Dad.
After graduating from high school, Masaya successfully entered an Art University in Tokyo, the place he has always longed to be.
However, life never really goes on as a person wishes. His life was rotten. Life was all about fooling around with his friends and
killing time. He could not dare call Mom to tell her his situation.
It is now 1990, and Masaya is working just to return the debt, which were mounted while just living in Tokyo and doing nothing.
He did whatever he was asked to do, and without really expecting, somehow earned his living as an illustrator/columnist.
One day he gets a call from his aunt informing that his mom has
cancer. Masaya makes up his mind and calls Mom, to invite her to
live with him.
Mom arrives in Tokyo. After living apart for 15 years,Masaya and
Mom start living together in Tokyo. Masaya's life seems to have
finally started moving once again. Soon, people around him
started to frequently gather at his house to eat her delicious food.
The house is always filled with happy faces and laughter.
However, nothing lasts forever.As they have feared,Mom’s cancer
“The day”Masaya is most afraid of draws close…
- Based on a national best-seller auto-biography (sold over 2 million copies) by Lily Franky.
- Related titles:
- Tokyo Tower: Mom and Me, and Sometimes Dad (Fuji TV / 2006)
- Tokyo Tower (Fuji TV / 2007)
- Tokyo Tower: Mom and Me, and Sometimes Dad (2007)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers